What drinks am I allowed on CD?

tea and coffee dont count as it has caffene in it which dehydrates you so actually if you have normal tea and coffee you should actually drink a bit more water to make up for it :) or just drink decaff

Tea and coffee, even caffeinated tea and coffee, isn't dehydrating. One of those myths again.

After reading on here that coke zero and diet doctor pepper are unofficially okay as they have no citric acid in them, I have been using them as a treat and I've definitely lost weight, whereas last week I had one naughty day, and drank some pepsi max also, and lost nothing. I've also had 5 bars this week which I'd never had before and was worried about my sensitivity to carbs but it doesn't seem to have affected me at all. WI not till Tues and can't wait for a change!!!!! Might try the perfectly clear too.. I've stayed clear of the flavoured waters in the past cos they seem to have sneaky things in them!

Why indeed...but that the rules laid out at the moment. :(

I don't understand these rules. They make no sense!! :cry:

tea and coffee dont count as it has caffene in it which dehydrates you so actually if you have normal tea and coffee you should actually drink a bit more water to make up for it :) or just drink decaff

Yeah...that's why I thought toooooo! dur! Must actually read things instead of just believing what is being said...hrm...

tomorrow im going to try 1.5L of plain water and 1.5L of perfectly clear. I can just about manage that i think.
I know im not supposed to but others do and im all for trying if it doesnt agree with me then ill have to grin and bear 3L of plain water (yuck!)

Best of luck with that. I wonder if we can still have fizzy water? maybe that'll help?

After reading on here that coke zero and diet doctor pepper are unofficially okay as they have no citric acid in them, I have been using them as a treat and I've definitely lost weight, whereas last week I had one naughty day, and drank some pepsi max also, and lost nothing. I've also had 5 bars this week which I'd never had before and was worried about my sensitivity to carbs but it doesn't seem to have affected me at all. WI not till Tues and can't wait for a change!!!!! Might try the perfectly clear too.. I've stayed clear of the flavoured waters in the past cos they seem to have sneaky things in them!

mmmm...see, the more things I add to my list of things that are "ok" the more I worry that I'm shifting my goalposts. I worry that I'm going to make more and more unofficial additions to what I'm taking in.

Bother and drat.

If it helps with the motivation Coley, fizzy drinks can make you feel starving!!!! I don't know what it is, there's probably some scientific thing behind it, but a number of other people on here have noted it too, that if they drink the coke zero or dr pepper zero they feel starved. It's true, days that I have drunk either my stomach rumbles solidly the whole day, even immediately after a tetrapak or bar (the only two things I have on this diet.) Whereas otherwise I feel full.

However I'm still willing to drink it as I tell myself the rumbling is my body sulking at lack of food and therefore weight is being lost lol. Plus my problem with eating/snacking is boredom, and I get bored of plain water VERY easy. And I'll only drink it filtered and ice cold (water that is) so I'm more than happy with water at work where there's a water cooler, but if I'm out and about it helps expand my options if I can't find water quite cold enough!

Incidentally, the sole source handbook my counsellor gave me states that the water flavourings do count towards your water totals.

Also, I have a theory about flavoured waters. Assuming that there really is nothing bad in Perfectly Clear (whereas IIRC CD/LL waters have a number of calories and such in them) then it could well be a marketing thing with not promoting it. When I did slimming world the only healthy extra bar you could have was their own HiFi bars, which were obviously only available from them. It was widely unofficial that alpen light bars could be counted as a healthy extra, and a lot of people knew it but it was not documented anywhere and the SW counsellors would argue it. However, now it is in all the books/website that alpen light bars are a HE. I firmly believe they protested for so long in case it decreased sales of their own product... could it not be similar in this case?

i found it hard buying perfectly clear!
my local sainsburys dont stock it anymore!
asda thankfully had the strawberry & kiwi other than that all they had was peach!
managed to get the still red apple one in the co-op but that was over a quid!
where do the people that drink it get theres from?
xxx

KD ive always thought it dehydrated you, thats also what our CDC told us as Matt is a big coffee drinker...hmm BBC NEWS | Health | Tea 'healthier' drink than water also says it doesnt unless you have ALOT of strong tea/coffee then it can have a dehydrating effect, well you learn something new every day! lol

hmm BBC NEWS | Health | Tea 'healthier' drink than water also says it doesnt unless you have ALOT of strong tea/coffee then it can have a dehydrating effect, well you learn something new every day! lol

And if you look at the date of the article, it's 2006, and even that was old news by then :D It takes ages for myths to be truly squashed on the internet...if they ever get truly squashed that is.

It's the same with the More you drink, more you shrink myth...just keeps coming up again. And caffeinated coffee is bad for you, which again is untrue..lots of good antioxidants in caffeinated coffee.

I have no idea why Cambridge don't include both tea and coffee in the 2.5L thing, but as a CDC, I have to tell my clients that it's not :(

I know they include Redbush tea, which I believe is the only thing they do accept as a substitute for water (so I'm told), and that niggles me. No reason why Redbush should be any more hydrating than normal tea.

The advert for Redbush and their Hydrating claim aggrevates the life out of me. Yes, it is hydrating...but they are banking on people believe normal tea and coffee isn't.:rolleyes:

Anyway, one of the reasons why I truly believe in everything in moderation. Not long after we are told things are bad for us, up pops some study saying the opposite, and vice versa.

When I die, it wont be from excess of anything I have drunk or eaten...because I don't have loads of anything..not even tap/bottled water now :p All things in moderation :D

Without entering into the argument about the rights and wrongs of CD's official advice....do remember that Cambridge is a business and there is of course a vested interest in getting you to buy their products and not others.

Here's what I have and why:

Water - 4l of it, plain, per day. I like water and it helps me feel less hungry.

In addition, some (or none) of the following
black tea, just normal breakfast tea - very occasionally
peppermint tea
green tea
Black coffee - a double espresso every morning
the occasional sneaky coffee with skimmed milk (I figure if its ok on SS+ then one dash of milk a week in a coffee won't affect me)
Diet coke (yes, diet coke, not coke zero) - every once in a while
Soda water
Fizzy water
Citric-acid-free flavoured waters

The whole 'allowed/not allowed' thing is more about control and reduction than it is about calories, to my mind. Obviously sugar/carbs are to be avoided, but that's just common sense!

Incidentally, I haven't looked to see if it was mentioned but the summer fruits perfectly clear has citric acid in it! Three different sorts available at my tescos.

Back