what happens next??!!...

Hi all

im due to finish LL in 33 days and i really dont know what to do next...i will still have about 1 1/2 stone to lose but i dont know what happens next ...i dont want to do the development as i cant afford it so i was thinking of doing CD instead...is this the best bet or should i stick with LL..also what happens in maintenance how quickly does the cost reduce??!!

Hi Groovy Chick

It's quite daunting isn't it nearing to the end of the Programme and it doesn't seem that two minutes we were all starting out on our venture. Im sure that your dilema will be sorted out in your head towards the last week.

Im in the same predicament as you Groovy - 26 days left for me although I guesstimate that I will have a couple of stone left if everything goes to plan as Ive been losing 3lb-4lbs regularly per week.

Im going into Development only because if I break off now and think Im being clever (to save money) I am more than likely going to put all my weight back on and I don't think that I could get my head around another weight reduction plan like CD. My body is used to this now, it obviously works so the money issue is irrelevant if you see what I mean to me. Id rather spend my money on this than fill my trolley up with food like I used to do and feel bloody miserable afterwards.

I don't think I'll ever have this chance again to be slim once and for all, and I can smell it, it is so close. So with that in mind Im going to get to my right BMI level and weight then I intend going into maintenance which they say is the absolutely crutial bit of the programme. Our counsellor says that she doesn't want anybody to be losing weight in the management class apart from a couple of pounds here and there and that you must have lost your weight before you start.

I do hope you sort yourself out, I know it's difficult but hopefully with the replies you will get you might sort your head out then. Keep us posted on your progress and what you intend doing.

Cheers.

Hi Groovychick

Lots of people have made the move from LL to CD very successfully and it is half the price after all!!

I'm an LL girl and even though i got to target on 1 May i have decided that my ongoing maintenance plan will include 3 x LL packs a day plus a healthy meal at night. I could switch to CD but tbh i LOVE the LL packs and the class is closer to me than the CD Counsellor. I buy a month's worth of packs at a time so i get no support at all from LL but to me the money is worth it, it's cheaper than buying normal food i think!!

Good luck, let us know what you decide....

cheers for that..am still in limbo at the mo but that does sound a good idea bulk buying the packs...

will deffo let you know what i eventually decide!!! but will still be around here for all your priceless support !!

:)

morning all

during our session last night we talked about developers and management after the 100 days is up but am almost 99.99% sure that im going to switch to CD..as much as id love to carry on with it i just cannot afford it and with xmas coming up i have to get my priorities in order..obviously my weight is my main priority but LL is financially crippling me now and i have to do what suits me best...

so i need to find out now whats the management plan in CD and what happens when you have reached your goal...

i will be grateful for any input from anyone who knows or has reached goal on CD as to what happens next

thank u so much

x

Hi
I dont want to get anyone cross here But I did CD last year and I lost 2st 9lbs in 9 weeks but i didnt have the support you get with LL.I know there are some brillant CDC around alot on here but sadly mine wasnt and after 18 years of yoyoing I realise I need the support not to regain my weight.I have read and researched alot into LL and see the counselling is great I know some people say they did have a good support.With cd you get the same sort of Diet 3 packs instead of 4 if your under 5ft 8 and female,you get a booklet with Cd and your counsellors support.My counsellor phoned me once every 1-2 weeks for 5 minutes to see how I was doing and she was at the end of the phone if I needed her,that was the support I got,I know alot of CDCs are better than that and will tell you how they counsel you.
I personally know i need alot of support otherwise i wouldnt have yoyoed 20+ stone on and off over 18 years,I wish you luck on your choice and understand xmas and the expense comes 1st.
xxc

morning all

during our session last night we talked about developers and management after the 100 days is up but am almost 99.99% sure that im going to switch to CD..as much as id love to carry on with it i just cannot afford it and with xmas coming up i have to get my priorities in order..obviously my weight is my main priority but LL is financially crippling me now and i have to do what suits me best...

so i need to find out now whats the management plan in CD and what happens when you have reached your goal...

i will be grateful for any input from anyone who knows or has reached goal on CD as to what happens next

thank u so much

x

Hi all

well my mind is made up and im going to switch to CD..ive made my appt with a counsellor for a week b4 i finish LL and hopefully i can just make a straight swap!!

havent told my LLC yet..feel a bit bad so i might just say thats it and i'll do the rest myself!!! i should just really be honest but i dont want her to feel put out !!!

anyhoos can somebody pass on their knowledge of what happens when u r at goal on CD??

thanks
x

I am on day 73 of LL and also undecided what to do after the 100 days. The £66 is the thing with me as well. When you are getting the 2 hr session you think Oh well, but when you are only there for an hour and some of that is taken with the weigh in it somehow isnt the same.

I have spoken to a CDC last week and fortunatley she works near to where I live so says she could pop round during her lunch hour. She seems really nice. I am just bothered that the Management with LL seems very well structered by introducing different food groups each week & identifying triggers. I dont know whether the same applies to CD???

Got 4 more weeks to go so I hope that I can get between 1 & 1 and a half stone off before the 100 days up (going to step up the exercise)

I have found the counselling on the development phase not anywhere close to be up to the standard of the foundation stage. In fact I haven't leant anything new about myself and it is all about practicing the foundation stage skills as far as I have been able to make out.

I looked into swapping too but decided that as I was so close to goal I would stick with LL (would have swapped if I had much more to lose).

The big decider for me on deciding to remain a LL girl was because I was given the Route to Management books by my LLC and I also had all the information for the CD maintainance programmes.

LL came out as a much better option for me because of the gradual introduction of trigger foods and then the withdrawal of them again ready for the next weeks trigger foods and the assessment of how each new food affects you.

The LL actually gets you to have foods like chocolate in later weeks so that you can attempt to sensibly consider these as part of a balanced diet.

Not only that but I am going to be able to sit in on the management counselling whenever I need to and get weighed in weekly at no extra cost.

One thing I have discovered is that I need the extra structure that LL gives me. Having said that my mum knows all about LL and it just wasn't her cup of tea and so she now does CD, I agree that LL wouldn't have been for her so it's horses for courses ;) :D

thanks for sharing that chicken

i would ideally love to carry on with LL but i just cannot realistically afford it, hardly any bills are getting paid as im that desperate to lose the weight and at least with this option i can continue to get it off but at half the price...i honestly think ive learnt enough to keep it off and theres no way i will let myself get back to a size 20, i will be eternally grateful to LL and from what i have learnt and hopefully i will carry this on with CD and choose their maintennance instead...if i do however feel myself slipping then i might try and get a route to management book off ebay..im sure there will be one for sale somewhere..but i am dtermined to keep it off at whatever cost

thanks

I can understand exactly where you are comming from and lets face it you aren't going to be short of support with Minimins behind you :D

Good luck and enjoy all the exciting new flavours :)

Hi Groovychick,

If you have been already approved by your doctor to do LL then I can't see why you would need a doctor's permission again unless you have a medical condition which your doctor would need to confirm then that it is okay for you to do the diet.

Your CDC will give you a medical form to fill out and she will know if you need to or not.

I went from doing Lipotrim onto doing Cambridge Diet okay.

Good luck as I know it can be an anxious time for you and I am sure one of the CDC's will be along to tell you the ins and outs.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Groovy Chick,

Providing you can answer No to all the relevant questions on the Cambridge Diet Medical Record Form you won't need to get your GPs signature.

If you want to PM me with your medical details I can let you know if a GP signature is required.

Love,
Ailsa
CDC Northants

Back