what is the best diet plan

fatmoo

At the moment im just following my fitness pal but iv heardd it reduces your cals too much. I dont like slimming world just as i find it too restricted, I liked the old weight watchers but cant do the new one so what do you peeps think.

I'm with mfp and lost 70lb so far but I have had it set to 1lb a week so my cals aren't crazy low. I get 1500 a day which is more than enough for me

The best diet plan is the one that works lol. Whatever you find the most do-able. Whatever you can stick at without feeling too miserable! I've always calorie counted (a quick dabble with WW years back) as its always worked for me. Both of my regains were due to big life events throwing me off track rather than my eating plan.

When I get bored with counting those calories or struggle with it I do go off mooching round the forums here and read about different plans. Have a read of the various food diaries and recipe sections to get an idea what each plan entails.

Hi there,

Personally, my heart is with Slimming World on their Extra Easy plan. I have tried WW and calorie counting etc over the years but have never been able to stick to them long term.

I have honestly never eaten as much in terms of quantity and variety in my life! Yes, SW does require a degree of planning and organisation so you always have the right food available at home, BUT it is SO worth it!! I have learned to cook so many different things, and now use ingredients and methods of cooking I previously shyed away from.

At the end if the day, it's your individual choice with which plan / diet you follow, but I honestly can't recommend SW enough- I can honestly say it's changed my life in lots of different ways!!

Hope that helps... :)

slimming world

i have started on the slimming world Extra Easy Plan, only on day 2 but been able to eat ample wiithout the hunger pains!! as for the weight loss i will tell you next monday if it works :)

I agree - the best plan is the one that is right for you and fits with your lifestyle. but I'm curious why you think SW is too restrictive but I find it to be the absolute opposite. You can eat 'normal' foods with a minimal of weighing and measuring, eat as much as you need to satisfy your hungry, it's family friendly so everyone can eat the same, you still get to eat treats and you can still enjoy takeaways and meals out without ruining your weight loss.

I found breakfast a hard meal dont like cooked breakfast every day and couldnt find much else i could have. Also when i went out i couldnt find much different to eat it was always baked potato with beans etc at leaast with a low cal i can eat anything.

What i'm trying at the moment is timing my food while counting it on My Fitness Pall.
So i am going as follows and at least if i am hungry i can say to myself, just wait for 30 mins or whatever.
9.00-9.30 Breakfast bars
11.00-11.30 One from my Graze box or packet of crisps
1.00-1.30 Lunch (sandwich or soup, yogurt, apple)
3.30-4.00 Snack, maybe 2 Rich Tea biscuits or a bag of Iced Gems
6.30 Tea. Maybe salad with some protein, or stuffed peppers or a meal bar
9.00- 9.30 2 rice crackers, the Kallo black pepper ones are best!
And thats how i am managing. No eating outside of times and keeping my sugar levels constant means that i am not hungry. :)

Personally I think the best weight loss plan is the one that works for you, as Legomum said. The trick is finding the one that works for you.

Back