What is the best form of exercise?

Tinkerbellthefairy

Silver Member
I believe its not good to exercise in the first week as energy levels may be low, however once ketosis kicks in we should be feeling good.

Does anyone have any ideas on the better forms of exercise that will help the weight loss process?

I have a gym membership, but havn't been in a while :sigh:

My friend has a treadmill and I was thinking of asking if I could borrow it for a while!

Thanks x

I'm pretty sure that excercise won't help you to lose more weight, but it can help improve your shape. You could try using weights & a vibro machine for toning, but you should avoid heavy cardio as it can have a negative affect on weightloss.

Clair x

I play badminton twice a week and Im thinking of going to aqua fit to start toning my body, Im in week 2 and have bundles of energy :D

I'm pretty sure that excercise won't help you to lose more weight, but it can help improve your shape. You could try using weights & a vibro machine for toning, but you should avoid heavy cardio as it can have a negative affect on weightloss.

Clair x

Can I ask why you say that?

It is because we are consuming only the minimum amount of calories to function, so doing cardio will burn more than we are consuming, therefore, the body will go into starvation mode and hold on to fat instead of releasing it.

Clair x

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you said that Clair, very interesting. So its best to do toning exercises rather than cardio. Someone I know did this diet, but was left with lose skin and had a tummy tuck and boob job. I'll have to ask whether she did any exercise. I'm a bit worried about this happening. x

It is because we are consuming only the minimum amount of calories to function, so doing cardio will burn more than we are consuming, therefore, the body will go into starvation mode and hold on to fat instead of releasing it.

Clair x

I never thought of it like that; I was convinced I needed to exercise (running) to really get the benefits of this diet *doh*

Clair x

I am shocked becuase I do cardio and feel I have a good weight loss? Also I thought ketosis was a form of extreme starvation which uses up excess fat stores for energy. Therefor unless you come out of ketosis you will continue to break down fat regardless of the amount of energy burned?

i agree with catt, i do cardio 4 or 5 times a week and im getting a lot fitter and losing a lot more weight!

Dave x

I am shocked becuase I do cardio and feel I have a good weight loss? Also I thought ketosis was a form of extreme starvation which uses up excess fat stores for energy. Therefor unless you come out of ketosis you will continue to break down fat regardless of the amount of energy burned?

I didn't say you shouldn't do cardio, just not heavy cardio, always listen to your body when excercising.
I'm not sure exactly how ketosis/fat loss and excercise works as it seems to be very complicated. I'm just repeating advice I have been given, and experience from others on TFR.

Clair x

Clair x

I have to say i go to spinning classes up to 3 times a week and each session can easily knock 4lbs off so i would def say exercise speeds up the weight loss :)

Back