What is the best time to weigh?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by lipotrimmer, 9 December 2006 Social URL.

1. lipotrimmer

lipotrimmer Full Member

I have noticed that I have at least 4 to 5 lbs difference in weight depending on whether I weigh in in the morning or in the evening. I did my first weighing in the morning and trying to do it only in the morning. But sometimes when I check it in the evening its 5lbs more which is scary :mad:

So how do I keep track of how much weight I've lost?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always weight myself first thing in the morning (after a trip to the loo :p ) and without clothes.

Weighing myself later in the day after I have drunk loads of water will show a hefty increase on the scales. :eek:

So always now just stick to mornings. :)

Deb x

4. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Definitely weigh in the morning naked and after a pee. It is more reliable than in the evening and also you will weigh lighter (so definitely morning!).

Dizzy x

5. lipotrimmer

lipotrimmer Full Member

Yes....I weigh at least 5lbs lighter in the morning and would always like to see that :) But I did not want to cheat myself and that's the reason I wanted to find out from you all. Thank you for the instant replies...

6. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    You're welcome, I weigh myself every morning and find that this is a very reliable measurement that I can trust. All the best!

Dizzy x

7. bettyboo

bettyboo Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I go to my pharmacy......once a week to be weighed in the morning. I only take that scales as Gospel..........according to my own I am 2kg lighter...........but thats just my secret !!

x

Bettyboo

8. demon

demon Cambridge Diet Counsellor

While I was losing weight I always weighed on a Monday evening with my CDC, but since starting maintenance I stick to first thing in the morning..........naked.........not a pretty sight [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

For me the trick is to stick to just once a week - that way I see a nice weight loss and don't get too paranoid about those pesky scales [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    definately N and P naked and peeded !!!

10. Nick

Nick Need help

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ Slimming World
    You will always be lighter in the morning then you are in the evening. When I weigh myself I always do it at the same time of day. Never compare your weight between morning and evening as you will always be heavier in the evening even if you have not eaten.

Nick :)

11. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Doesn't matter when you weigh- it's the consistency of when you weigh that's important. So if your initial weigh in (with your CDC or pharmacists or LLC) was morning, then stick with that.

If you weigh just for yourself then again, pick the same time, same place and same state of dress :p and that will give you a consistent answer :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.