What made you start slimming world?

I started when my children and partner commented on the fact that I was never on any family photos or videos. I was always the one offering to take the pics, as I knew I didn't look good. When I was 14, both my parents were killed in a car crash. I was in the car too and suffered a bad head injury. This meant I lost all my memory and, to this day, I don't remember anything of my life with my mum and dad. Everything seemed unreal and I felt I belonged nowhere. The whole 14 years of memories were wiped out. This means that the photos I have of them are extremely precious to me.

It suddenly struck me that, unless I lose enough weight to feel comfortable in photographs, my own children will have hardly any pictures of me for them to keep in the future. Knowing how important the photos with my mum and dad on are, especially those where myself and my two brothers are with them, I decided it was time to take action and get rid of this weight that is holding me back!

So many different triggers and all so very important to each and every one of us. Good luck. :)

Kathy

I don't want to look horrid next to all my friends on our girls holiday and I recently stepped on a scale and saw that I was almost 17st I was shocked.

I started when my children and partner commented on the fact that I was never on any family photos or videos. I was always the one offering to take the pics, as I knew I didn't look good. When I was 14, both my parents were killed in a car crash. I was in the car too and suffered a bad head injury. This meant I lost all my memory and, to this day, I don't remember anything of my life with my mum and dad. Everything seemed unreal and I felt I belonged nowhere. The whole 14 years of memories were wiped out. This means that the photos I have of them are extremely precious to me.

It suddenly struck me that, unless I lose enough weight to feel comfortable in photographs, my own children will have hardly any pictures of me for them to keep in the future. Knowing how important the photos with my mum and dad on are, especially those where myself and my two brothers are with them, I decided it was time to take action and get rid of this weight that is holding me back!

So many different triggers and all so very important to each and every one of us. Good luck. :)

Kathy

Gosh you've been through a lot! You should be proud of yourself for using your experience to get to a positive result (i.e. your weight loss) for the sake of your children.

Thankyou, Wine&RugbyKindaGirl. That's such a kind comment. All of us have such differing reasons, don't we? Good luck with your weight loss.

Kathy x

Aww, thank-you so much, Pootle. Everyone is always so lovely on here. It just made me realise, when I thought about my absence on the photos, how very important they can be to people and how they are my missing link to my parents.

Wishing you all the best with your weight loss too.

Kathy x

I'm starting tomorrow. My point of this is enough was a combination of things.
Struggling to keep up with my children, seeing myself from a side view and realising how big I really am, feeling lethargic and miserable. But mainly I finally want to do it for me, I've tried to lose weight before but it's always been to prove I can to other people. Now I want to be happy and healthy, I've realised I deserve it.

You certainly do, Jellybean and good luck with it. People have so many different reasons for starting, don't they and they're all as important as each other.

Kathy xx

I was feeling really unwell and unhealthy after an indulgent Christmas, and I just thought - enough is enough! I've lost a lot of weight on SW before, but sadly put it back on during a couple of years where my health was poor. So I know it works, and I'm ready to give it my best shot again - and hopefully this time I'll keep it off! :rolleyes:

My weight has constantly gone up and down.

Was a chubby child and then developed an eating disorder when I was 15/16 and became very skinny. Then beat that and discovered alcohol and driving.... then uni and all the takeaways and junk.... and my weight went up to 12.5st.... got into a wonderful relationship, moved in together and complacency took over, and was nearly 14st before I knew it.

None of my clothes fitted properly and i was having to buy much larger sizes of clothes. Booked a holiday for August and I have to loss some of this weight so I can wear a bikini!!

I am on the countdown to Summer and after a very long winter (and lots of comfort food) :D I feel it its my time to get healthy and feel body confident again!

Back