what SW books do you recommend me to buy??

Hi guys,

My SW books are out of date and I'm re-joining a class at 10am this morning :eek: with the hope of renewing my books.

I am thinking of getting the chunky directory and the branded free foods book.

I was hoping you could tell me what your fave books are and why? I know I'm not giving you much time as I will have to leave my house at about 9.45am (sorry).

thanks though xx

There are shopping guides available now for whichever supermarket you do most of your shopping in. There are loads of recipe books and of course the bible - the directory! Although tbh if you get the password each week and look up Syns online then the directory is probably a waste of money.

Could you tell me what recipe book you'd recommend. In the latest SW magazine there's a recipe for Beef in Oyster Sauce which I tried and it was really nice.

I've heard of the No Syn Quiche which seems to be really popular. Does anyone know how you'd do that? Thanks for your help.

I think the quiche is like a fritatta. If it is, all you do is get all the stuff you want in it prepared (usually peppers, onions and stuff like that or even bacon and ham for a red day) put it in a dish then pour over beaten egg mix and cook in the oven

I was thinking of doing the syn free quiche tonight so looked up the receipe. One variation is cook bacon and mushrooms until cooked. Beat eggs and cottage cheese and add the bacon and mushrooms and ham (and any other ingredients. season to taste add grated cheese on top (if using as HE), cook in oven for 30 mins and garnish with tomatoes to serve. I cant find the receipe online but it is in my receipe book at home. I can get exact ingredients if you are interested but not until 6pm tonight when I get home. Let me know if you want them.

Thanks for that Taz and Nicky. Yes please Nicky, when you get the time please post the other details about it. It sounds really nice.

ooh, I'm looking forward to trying this out too.

Years ago (some of you may remember) CORNED BEEF was free on a red day:D although NOT ANYMORE:mad: and you could make the quiche with corned beef as the base and it was totally free on a red day and very, very, tasty.

PRINCES corned beef LEAN is 2 syns per 100g so if you wanted to have a go with the added syns...you could have it on a red day. Not sure how much of it you would need...I may experiment on my next red day.

oh, I'm starvin now :rolleyes::crazy::gimi::eat::ignore::drool:

O.K So this is the Egg, Bacon, Ham and Mushroom Quiche which is free on a red day. the receipe feeds 4. This receipe is from the 100 free receipes on a original day. I haven't actually made this yet.

Frylight
8 slices of lean smoked bacon, chopped
6 large mushrooms chopped
8 slices lean cooked ham, chopped
4 large eggs, beaten
500g tub of very low fat cottage cheese
seasoning
1 tomato sliced

1.Preheat oven to 200c/gas 6.
Spray large saucepan with frylight and cook bacon and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. remove from heat and stir in ham.
2. beat eggs and cottage cheese in bowl and season to taste. add bacon, mushrooms and ham to mixture and combine well. pour into ovenproof dish and bake in oven for 30mins until quiche is set and golden brown. leave to cool for 2hrs.
3.garnish with tomato before serving.

thanks flirty,

will deffo be having a go at that one.:)

i make the same thing but without the bacon but loads of veg ,

peppers courgettes ,onions anything you have in but there the best:).

and its free on both days. and i put the tom on the top before baking just cos i love roasted tomatoes:D, and if you are having cheese as a healthy extra i put that on top before the toms and it cooks lovely

Back