What to do?

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
I've been invited to the local Carnival Ball in 2 weeks time. I need a ball gown! I'm not a dress person but know that this does require a dress. I have a dress but I still dont look right in it so will reserve that for my works' xmas party. I dont want to buy a brand new one as it'll be worn once and never again so I'm looking at ebay. The problem is what weight would I lose between now and then and what size. I'm a 14 on top with loose fitting or stretchy tops but still a 16 bottoms. I know I'll end up with the wrong dress :cry:
Any advice??

Oo how nice!

Go for an A line dress in a 14. It should go over your hips no problem. Monsoon and Coast would be good starting places.

What's your budget?

Sorry I just saw you don't want to buy a brand new one. Hang on, I'll have a look on eBay

Do you have a really nice pair of trousers that you'd be able to slim into for the event? if so, how about wearing those with heels and a gorgeous (new) top that you buy nearer the time. You might feel more comfortable in trousers (I know I do!) :)

Trousers are definitely out. I've seen the gowns my friends are going in!

Thats pretty, Guru. Mind you, I already have the perfect shoes in coral pink but always can buy others ;)

My concern is I'm still top heavy and anything restrictive just might not fit in a 14 but would be too big in a 16.

Buy a 16 and get it altered?

That's a brilliant idea kellymundy!

Wow, thats pretty, Kelly. Lol, not sure it'll hide my bulging tummy ;)

Wow, the 2nd one is gorgeous. I've put that on watch while I look at some more with corsets.

Have you looked in the ebay shop for that one? There is some lovely dresses.;)
They even have the underskirt you need for these sorts of dresses!

Oooh wait, I found it in a 14-16!

Pretty! Will you put pics of you in it up when you wear it? :)

Back