• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What was your downfall pre CD? How are you coping without it?

This is the last time!!
Mine was Walkers Smokey Bacon crisps. I could easily sit and eat 5 packets in a row.
Also, chips....any kind, but preferably Mcdonalds ones.

I have never really had a sweet tooth, it's always been savoury, crisps, chips, pastries.

And I am coping amazingly without them. So much so that when I went shopping for ds today I actually purchased crisps to keep at home - For the past 11 days I have bought him a pack for his lunchbox each morning on the way to school as I didn't dare have temptation in my home! I now feel strong enough to resist them :D
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Silver Member
French stick and galaxy chocolate!!!!!

Im missing them loads!! We now dont have either in the house.
Mine was laziness to cook proper food - so it would be cheese on toast, or cheesey jackets spuds in the week (with loads of butter) and takeaways on Fridays, and weekends of induglences! If I have a weak moment now I read the take away menu, imagine ordering it, eating it, feeling greasy and bloated afterwards, and then the sadness at letting myself down. Its worked so far but I am only at week 3! I'm the same - savoury things. Bread, butter, cheese and crisps being the things I loved the most......I'll have them again, but I have to learn moderation!

Cheese!!! i love roule on warm french bread, or phillidelphia garlic and herb mmmmmm yummy!!

Crisps, bread and more crisps. Could eat a six pack of Walkers cheese & onion no problem.
Still miss them but they are not my friend!

Must do it this time
mine was anything chocolatey,especially maltesers(large share bag,except i didnt share any!!)and tunnocks tea cakes mmmmmmmmmmmmmm*drools over laptop*

Restart 3/9/2013
Dominos pizza mmmmmm. cakes - major sweet tooth. At one point i was buying a 2 pack of cream cakes a day!!! Chocolate...mmmmmm

Fortunately the shakes are sweet so have been ok. on the odd occassion i want something savoury i make crisps out of the savoury packs :)

Gone fishing
My downfall was food. Yep...definitely. Damn stuff kept jumping into my mouth:confused:

Didn't even have to like it that much.:confused: Just enjoyed eating. Very odd.
White bread, french stick, bagels, rolls, bread bread bread lol

I would eat easily 10 slices of bread or alsortment of bread each day.

Now I try to stay away from it to be honest or have an open sandwich were before i would have 4-6 slices its now one (multigrain) with filling and large salad on top of it.

cdc norwich
loads of rice forme ...... being indian - rice is major part of the diet and lotsof eating out with friends.................
biscuits custard creams and hobnobs i really miss them

impossible is nothing
bread and butter, sandwiches, cakes and chocolate

i really am missing them. but is helped at the min by the fact my parents are trying to follow a low carb diet at the mo and so they havent brought any of the above in the house. so i cant nibble on any!! which is a big help!

Finally a size 12!
Take aways and crisps !!! I would order looooooooads from local chinese and sit there and eat till i had to undo my jean button!!! :(

Gold Member
Oh my god..how hungry is this thread making me? Tummy rumbling at the thought and i'm only day 2, so i think i'll add my bit and not look again as i am actually drooling which is never a good look.

Actually i just paused to think about what i really really want to eat but as i sit and think about it there is nothing actually as i feel so good from not eating the rubbish, my weakness has always been savoury stuff, mainly chinese food..used to eat chinese about 5times a week, not always take away but rice and chicken in sauces, crispy duck, spring rolls, mmm
I would have to say junk food for me, like chicken and chips and kebabs but I am coping ok without them. I can actually sit in the same room as my family whilst they are eating it and be ok with it. I do miss chips though. But i am in the process of creating a healthy verison of chicken and chips, which at the mo i am thinking - home made roast chicken with sweet potatoe chips, oven baked. I'm trying to plan healthier verisons of all my fav foods so that i can still enjoy them in one way or another.

I do miss my crisps too, will have to opt for snack a jacks in the future, lol.

Silver Member
If you make crisps out of sweet potato and bake then they are a good alternative.

My favourite food is pizza and I didn't think I missed it until I cooked my daughter some and nearly stole it out of her hands

Silver Member
Jaffa cakes - used to eat 12 in 2 minutes:eek:
Cheese & Bacon Envelope from local bakers, this was gorgeous!

I cope well without them now, I think just the smell is enough for me, and looking at the food.

My H moans that I am watching him eat with puppy eyes;)