What's different?

littlesister83

Hiya, i'm new(ish) to the forum and i've been considering LL for a while now. I've been overweight as long as i can remember and its basically all i think about. it really has taken over my life and negatively effects it in every way.

I just want to ask - it seems alot of people on her are similar to me (tried every diet with no proper results) - why is this different? what i mean by this is why is it that people have such amazing results and willpower on this diet when - if like me - you can't control your eating to just eating healthily? isn't it harder not eating at all or is that the key? x

For me it was the quick weight loss, at each weigh in I was motivated to continue for another week, your weight drops far quicker on a VLCD than on a conventional low cal diet :D

You don't feel hungry. Because you're not teasing your body with mini tastes of this and dried out that it just goes into ketosis and burns fat instead.

And the coucelling of course. Find out why you treat food like you do and do something about it with support.

The counselling and the support of my group. I feel that i am finally tackling my problems about my relationship with food, and do put a fair amount of time into working through CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) stuff aside from the meeting. This isn't just about quick weight loss, its about changing the wiring in your head and addressing your relationship with food.

Back