What's on todays Menu then??

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs on 2 toast (B)
Lunch - Jacket potato with beans and onion
Dinner - Not even thought about it yet, still too stuffed, but tempted to make a risotto after reading this thread :p

An apple and an alpen light at 10 ish (can't do breakfast any earlier thank that)

A yoghurt/jelly thing with mixed berries about 11:30.

An apple and an alpen light at 3:00.

I'm having a really picky day so far :sigh:

For tea, it's chicken breast stuffed with garlic and mini babybels, with a variety of roasted veggies.

B - Alpen Light
L - at a bbq. Had 6 chicken thighs (seemed to be plain), lettuce, tomatoes and 2 tbsp bbq sauce.
D - leftover curry from last night or turkey burgers

I'm also a big fan of risotto but don't make it every day as it takes so long and I cannot bring myself to do the "chuck it in a pot with the stock and leave it" thing, because IMO that's not a risotto and how does the starch get released if you don't stir stir stir???

I don't find it a bother to stand over it and stir, I rather enjoy it actually!

Have you tried the continental method of baking it in the oven? I'm tempted to give it a go, just to see if not stirring it really makes a difference to the end result.

I don't find it a bother to stand over it and stir, I rather enjoy it actually!

Have you tried the continental method of baking it in the oven? I'm tempted to give it a go, just to see if not stirring it really makes a difference to the end result.

I don't find it a bother, I just don't always have the time to give it the attention it deserves!
I haven't baked it, I'm tempted to try but I just think if you don't stir it how does the starch get released to give it the risotto gooeyness?? :confused:

I don't know to be honest, but they do it quite a lot in France and Spain, even in Italy - my daughter's partner is Italian and his mama and nonna do their risottos in the oven. Daughter's BF thinks I'm weird for standing there stirring it! :D

That risotto looks lovely Allie, and the same sort of consistency I get from stirring it on the hob! I'm going to give it a go. :)

Brekkie was 2 400g slices of wholemeal toast (B) with marmite and cheese(A), a banana and a nectarine.
Lunch was a bacon and cheese(A) omelette with salad followed by another nectarine.
Tea was a beef stir fry with lots of veggies and ginger and noodles (Synned)
In between there has been strawberries an apple and some melon and a freddo.

Hi here is what I have on the menu today

Breakfast: Full English with sausage, bacon, scrambled egg, with plenty of tomatoes and mushrooms

Lunch: Fruit - Melon and Strawberries

Dinner: Just made huge batches of bolognese, chilli and cottage pie for freezing also so one of those with a nice salad on the side.

We are away next week self catering so I want to take home made ready meals so we dont go off track.

Yum! :D

just cooking tea and we are having chicken cacciatore from the last magazine and having that with broccolli as having a red day.

Breakfast - branflakes, strawberries and skimmed milk
Lunch - Cous cous, roasted veg, muller light
Dinner - gammon, fried egg, salad
Snacks - fromage frais & berries, banana, ryvita, philadelphia, apple, 2 belvita biscuits

Brekkie - 42 g weetabix crunchy bran ( nom nom ) with grapes and muller light on , and a pear

Lunch - ( didnt get till 3pm as had a hospital appoitnment and they ran 2 hours late !!!) - salad leaves and chicken with 1 tbs salad cream extra light ( 1 syn )

Tea - Stuffed Aubergines from the EE cook book , OMG they were amazing :)

I can't believe how many have eaten Cous cous today!! :)

I am now off in search for Allie's rissoto recipe, that's why I love threads like this, get some good ideas & it sounds a very simple way of making it & thats never a bad thing!! lol

My beef ended up being served with Paprika Potato wedges using my 227g baked pot HEb choice, & a mound of scrummy stir fried vegies, onion, garlic, green beans, red peppers, mushrooms, cabbage, broccoli & tomatoes - oh it 'twas goooooood!!!

Back