Extra Easy SP Easy 3/4 day SP food plan

As the weather turns colder the food gets hotter and this very easy 3 or in my case 4 day Extra Easy SP meal plan will help you shift a few pounds and fill you up and keep you warm inside at the same time.
Yes it might sound boring eating the same thing for 3 or 4 days on the trot but because this tastes so good and fills you and more importantly will give you 3 or 4 days pure SP, give it a bash you won't be disappointed.
Day 1 - Meal prep day:
I make up a Chicken Stew - my evening meal with a wholemeal roll for the next 3/4 days - all in 1 large pot with the following:
2 x cubed chicken breasts, 4 carrots cut in chunks, 1 suede cut in chunks, 1 turnip cut in chunks, 1 butternut squash (use instead of potatoes) cut in chunks, 2 onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 leek, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 carton or jar of passata, a good squeeze of tomato puree, 2 bay leaves, 2 x chicken stock cubes, good pinch of mixed herbs, salt and pepper to taste. 45 mins before cooked I added a handful of pearl barley (helps thicken and adds fibre). This is the perfect SP meal P from the chicken and 10 S foods and will simply taste better and better as the days go on.

While the Stew is simmering away for a couple of hours I make up a Crustless quiche obviously you can make your quiche with whatever S foods you want but try to get at least 5 or 6 of them in there.
For mine I sauteed off onion, garlic, peppers, courgettes, mushrooms, ginger and then put in quiche dish with lots of thick chopped ham. I then added 4 eggs beaten together with half a large tub of fat free cottage cheese, seasoned well. Mixed it all in and sliced tomatoes on the top and grated low fat cheese on top of that. Baked in the oven until golden brown. I have this for 3/4 days in a row for lunch, a big thick wedge of it either hot or cold with a lovely salad overflowing off the plate and again adding more S's to the meal. This gives you about 10 S's and 2 P's for your lunch.

For Breakfast on the 3/4 days I have 2 weetabix with chopped stawberries. Using 1 of my 2 x healthy B allowance on an SP of course. The other one goes on my Bread roll for my Stew mmmm!

For dessert or early evening snack I have a big bowl of strawberries and melon (another 2 S's) and sweetened Quark (a P).

I also use up some of my Syns with whatever you want really. I like an Alpen light bar or some Dutch crispbread with laughing cow cheddar cheese on at 2 Syns each or even a nice packet of crisps such as French Fries, Quavers etc. at around 5 Syns a bag. It's totally up to you, doesn't matter what you use your Syns on but use some of them, but not all.

I did this for 4 days and then another 2 days of SP made up of Iceland Slimming world meals (only SP ones like the Bolognese and Beef in red onion gravy), a good old full english fry up and ham sandwich etc. and lost 6 and a half lb in a week and that was 30 weeks in to my Slimming World after a couple of stagnant weeks. So give it a bash, I guarantee you will love the food and don't shirk on portions fill the biggest bowl you have with this delicious stew!

Hi Chris, congrats on your 6 lbs loss, that's fab and the stew sound really yummy! :) Just wanted to point out that Pearl Barley is not classed as S or P. Therefore, strictly speaking, you are not following the SP plan, just EE I believe? Happy to be corrected though. Lentils are P and could be used to thicken stews and add fibre instead if you want to follow EE SP strictly?

Just to say that I love pearl barley and often add it to my speed veg soups or use to bulk out tomato/vegetable sauces (or even have it as a breakfast cerial with quark or yogurt and fruit :D). It really is good for a fibre boost and I love the taste. I think pearl barley is so versatile.

That stew and quiche sound delicious! I've noted down your recipes and will likely try these next week. We're going away for my husband's birthday this weekend so won't be able to make it until Monday but I think next week will be one where some SP days will really help so thanks so much for sharing!

Love the recipes! Shall def be doing them. I have a slow cooker for the stew. Oh yum, can't wait. Thanks for that.
:)

Hi Chris, that's a great idea. my problem at mo is having to cook after a long day at work, this would really help keep me on track.

Thanks chris, this all sounds great..... you cant argue with 6lbs, so im certainly going to give it a try (with a few tweeks to make it work for me!!)

Hi Chris, that's a great idea. my problem at mo is having to cook after a long day at work, this would really help keep me on track.

Staffiemum..... have you tried a slow cooker?? A stew like this can all be bunged in in the morning and it'll be ready for after work.

When I'm working long days I also like to batch cook on my day off and have potions ready to go in the fridge that can just be reheated.

Hi lotte's_getting_healthy, I had a slow cooker but hubby wouldn't let me use it; he's a Fire Safety officer and see's potential fire hazards everywhere! I'm looking at gettiing a pressure cooker instead.

I'm going to do some batch cooking today, want some soups to take to work, and some stews for tea.

Hi lotte's_getting_healthy, I had a slow cooker but hubby wouldn't let me use it; he's a Fire Safety officer and see's potential fire hazards everywhere! I'm looking at gettiing a pressure cooker instead.

I'm going to do some batch cooking today, want some soups to take to work, and some stews for tea.

I read that they use the same amount of electricity as running a light bulb..... oh well he's the expert I suppose!!

Have you tried this soup recipe, it's so quick and easy, I love it for work.
http://swrecipes11.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/syn-free-metabolism-boosting-chilli.html?m=1

Back