whats up with my body?????

josiejo1968

going to do it!!!!
Hi,
Im so confused as to whats going on with my body!!!! I have done many diets over the years and have recently started sw losing 4 1/2 lb first week. However i weighed myself this morning ( out of habit, know i shouldnt ave) and have put back on that 4 n half lb !! its not totm so i dont know whats happening, ive been 100% so im really upset :confused: i realise your body weight can differ from hour to hour but surely not that much??
I did have a brief sw attempt last summer and lost first 2 weeks then had 2 small gains so just stopped going as i was so down about it:cry: Its as if since having my last 2 children, twins, 3 years ago my body wont let me get below 13 stone!!!!
Has this happened to anybody else, the plateau at certain weight and if so how can i improve my weight loss?
My scales are now battery free and in the boot of car im NOT going to weigh at home again!!
Any tips atc would be most appreciated guys as feel really down about this :cry:
Im off to spain with family in july and so wanted to lose a stone at least before hand!!
sorry for the moan and negativity but just cant believe it.

I wouldn't say anything is wrong with your body :)

Yes your weight can fluctuate. There could be any number of reasons why you appear to have put that weight back on.

My advice, stick to the plans, weigh and measure everything, vary your foods, don't go hungry and get weighed once a week!

Home weighing is okay as long as it doesn't get you down.

Good luck!

Hi there firstly there is nothing wrong with your body we all flucuate through out the day and differ through out the week it still amazes how i can weight in at class and lose 2lb and then mid week have gained 4lbs but come weight in again a week later and have lost what seems to be that 4lbs and more, its all to do with water and food and science which we will never understand.
please dont be disheartened have you a diary on here where we can support you and help.

Thanks for your speedy replies guys, im going take your advice and im going start a diary, im so upset its daft isnt it sitting here worried about my weight when theres so many awful things going on in the world!! i should thank my lucky stars im fit and healthy with a lovely family :D

Just wanted to say that I have come to the conclusion that the scales at home are not a good thing...if I weigh myself every day on those my weight fluctuates WILDLY (and has no correspondance to how good/bad I have been plan wise)- sometimes I'm even as bad as being back to where I started at..BUT when I go to the proper weighing machine I have always lost, most weeks not much, just a 1lb but a loss none the less.

Why this is, I have no idea, but I barely want to go on the scales at home now because it just depresses me.

Home scales are evil!!! Firstly, all scales weigh differently and secondly, the ones that SW use are £500 and are v accurate - as my consultant said last week when discussing this - what makes you think your £30 ones at home are better?!?!?. i'm glad you have seen the light and removed the batteries - and if you have stuck to plan 100% you will see a difference on the expensive scales at weigh in! I am always really surprised at how many people do weigh themselves between class - its an alien concept to me as I have spent much of my adult life avoiding them at all costs :)

kingleds said:
Home scales are evil!!! Firstly, all scales weigh differently and secondly, the ones that SW use are £500 and are v accurate - as my consultant said last week when discussing this - what makes you think your £30 ones at home are better?!?!?. i'm glad you have seen the light and removed the batteries - and if you have stuck to plan 100% you will see a difference on the expensive scales at weigh in! I am always really surprised at how many people do weigh themselves between class - its an alien concept to me as I have spent much of my adult life avoiding them at all costs :)

Good point about the £500 scales... Maybe they are right then! Lol

Back