What's your favourite dinner to cook on WW?

I made a nice simple meal the other day...its not stir fry..but kinda same ingredientsISH!! Its just marinating some chicken in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and the juice of an orange, then bake in the oven till it looks cooked really. Serve with some pasta/cous cous/ rice...wateva u like. Its a nice little mix having the orange and the soy sauce together :) x

I love making pizza out of Warburtons square wraps (4pps for the wrap). Cover with 1tbs tomato puree (0 pps), grated mozzarella (point as required) and loads of free veggies like onions, mushrooms etc. Nom nom nom. Very delicious and very filling.

ellenwillbeskinny said:
I love Southern Baked Chicken - a low pp version of KFC. The recipe is in the current ww magazine. Add a lot more spices though than the recipe states to liven it up. Have it with some oven chips and a bit of sweet chilli sauce for dipping and you really feel like you are having a treat.

Recipe please!!!! :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i made the jambalaya the other night, it was on bbc good food website! I love that site.

Glad you liked it AGlasgowGirl its a gorgeous dish!! I may try your version with paella rice this week too!! :)

hi ukgal just saw you wanted the recipe for southern baked chicken, well here it is-
2x125g skinless chicken breasts each cut into 3 long strips
3 fl oz buttermilk
250g floury potatoes cut into thin wedges
oil spray
198g can sweetcorn drained
2 tsp low fat spray
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
grilled tomatoes to serve
for spicy coating

50g polenta
1/2 tsp garlic granules
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika

1-place the chicken in a shallow dish and pour over the buttermilk, cover dish with cling film and leave 20 mins, preferably for the whole day turning occasionally.

2-pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6/200`C. fan 180. Put the potatoes in a shallow roasting tin and spray with frylight. Bake in oven for 10 mins. combine the coating ingredients then shake the excess buttermilk from the chicken and roll in the spice mixture. Place the chicken on a non stick baking tray and spray with frylight and cook with the wedges for 20 mins.
3-meanwhile heat the sweetcorn in a saucepan with low fat spread, crush it a bit with a potato mash then stir in parsley.
4-Serve the chicken with wedges and sweetcorn and grilled tomato halves.

12pp serves 2

i have read that people have added more spices to it to make it a bit hotter because it is very mild or you could add more black pepper and paprika. Hope this is helpful to you :)

where do you get buttermilk? i always see it in recipes but never in the shops. am i being dim?

AGlasgowGirl said:
where do you get buttermilk? i always see it in recipes but never in the shops. am i being dim?

It's in a tin. I do my shopping online, so can't really help, but try beside other tins :p

lemma1968 said:
I love making pizza out of Warburtons square wraps (4pps for the wrap). Cover with 1tbs tomato puree (0 pps), grated mozzarella (point as required) and loads of free veggies like onions, mushrooms etc. Nom nom nom. Very delicious and very filling.

This sounds delish gonna try them

Jaysus you can't move for buttermilk in ireland, good ole avonmore! ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I tried the ww jar to make mushroom casserole with chicken and it was delicious! Just added cooked chicken breasts to a casserole dish added some more mushrooms and some veg for extra filling then boiled some potatoes and fried them in fry lite to make them crispy and added them to the casserole and it was delicious and was really simple!

Back