Whats your new SW food discovery??

With everyone talking about yoghurts I was wondering if there is a fat free one out there that tastes like petit filous.

I love the strawberry and raspberry ones but even the tiny pots are 1.5 syns, which soon adds up :cool:

Any hints would be gratefully received :D

This is so odd:confused: What's the difference apart from size

Danone Activia Fat Free Peach Yogurt, Individual 100g

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free

Danone Activia Fat Free Peach Yogurt, Multipack 125g pot

extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn

Looks like that extra 25% just tips it over the limit huh?

Corned beef soup!! Onion, carrots, potatoes, leeks, 1 tin of LEAN corned beef (4 syns for tin), 2 beef Oxo cubes or other beef stock. Water, bring to boil, simmer, lots of S&P, I added chilli powder and mixed herbs too! Deeelish!!X

late night snack

Just back from my meditation group at 11.15p.m. seriously peckish! boiled up some semolina in water and dumped in some frozen black cherries and some sweetener. Lovely red fruity semolina with some left over for the morning.

Just back from my meditation group at 11.15p.m. seriously peckish! boiled up some semolina in water and dumped in some frozen black cherries and some sweetener. Lovely red fruity semolina with some left over for the morning.

Ooh that sounds pretty yummy Jilly!!X

oops I think I will have to syn it, I thought semolina was free on green and didn't check (it was seriously comfort food though!!). next time I will try it with polenta instead, still free I believe in the dry form!

reply to claracluck re lime juice on rice

I always put concentrated n.a.s. juice on my grains, rice, cous-cous, polenta, quinoa etc.blackcurrant or orange juice usually. Also I usually put some vanilla on too. I often do that with dry cereals as well, weetabix, shreddies, cornflakes, etc, so then I don't need any sugar. Tastes lovely!

Last edited:
Mmmmm nice. I'll try that.

It's not a 'new' discovery by any stretch of the imagination...but I just wanted to reiterate how much I love ASDA's Chick Pea Dhal (in a tin).

For those of you who haven't tried it yet, get down to your nearest ASDA.

Kirsty x
I tried it last week Kirsty. I had made a big pot of free veggie stew and mixed the dhal in, to make a veggie curry, very nice, thanks for the reminder!

I am so looking forward to try some of these yummy ideas :)

new to this whole slimming world and dieting thing. I do like the Bachelors’ ‘free’ stuff you boil/cook - like the tomato pasta, savoury rice and the bolognaise - never been a convenience food eater but am now - quicker than ordering a pizza anyway and cheaper too. (that’s what i tell myself lots - he he he)

Love Aldi!!

Just been shopping and came home to cook a lunch of Red Thai Chicken Mini Fillets and some Garlic and Chicken Mini Fillets. Put them with a salad and topped them with a little mint sauce stirred into vlf natural yoghurt. Best of all SYN FREE!! Will defo shop there again!!

ooh that sounds soooo yummy, I haven't heard of those mini fillets.
I popped in to Aldi yesterday on my way to Asda, I tend to just nip in for the low price fruit and veg they do and the satin crunch crisps so I never really look around the shop.
I'll definatlely be having a look for those next time I go, I bet they are really tasty with the minted yogurt too.
Thats another good lunch idea added to my list!
Thanks! x

Think they are fab for R/EE days. Here are some more of their free/ low syn foods that I looked up this morning:
Original
Green
Extra Easy
Make in Minutes, Savoury Rice, Chicken, made up as directed, dried 100g cooked
(7½ Syns)
(1 Syns)
1 syn
Appleby's, Sliced Cooked Chicken Breast, chilled 100g
( Free)
(5½ Syns)
(Free )
Around the World, Caribbean Style Mango Chicken with Sweet Potato, frozen 400g pack
(12 Syns)
(6 Syns)
(6 Syns)
Lakeland, Chicken Kebabs, Pepper/Pineapple/Hot & Spicy, Large, 4 pack, frozen 87g each
(½ Syn)
(5 Syns)
(½ Syn)
Kitchen Creations, Penne BBQ Chicken, frozen 400g pack
(19 Syns)
(4 Syns)
(4 Syns)
Oakhurst, Basted Boneless Chicken Breast Roasting Joint, 600g pack, frozen 100g
( Free )
(5½ Syns)
(Free )
Oakhurst, Chicken Breasts in Mexican Style Topping, twin pack, frozen 180g each
(1½ Syns)
(13 Syns)
(1½ Syns)
Oakhurst, Chicken Roasting Joint with Sage & Onion Stuffing, 800g pack, frozen 100g
(1 Syns)
(7 Syns)
(1 Syns)
Oakhurst, Chilli & Garlic Marinated Mini Chicken Fillets, frozen 320g pack
( Free )
(18 Syns)
(Free )
Oakhurst, Ready to Cook, Chicken Teriyaki Skewers with Dip, 8 pack, frozen 15g dip
(1 Syns)
(1 Syns)
(1 Syns)
Oakhurst, Ready to Cook, Mango & Chilli Chicken Skewers with Dip, 8 pack, frozen 15g dip
(1 Syns)
(1 Syns)
(1 Syns)
Oakhurst, Red Thai Marinated Mini Chicken Fillets, frozen 320g pack
(Free )
(16½ Syns)
(Free )
Oakhurst, Smokey BBQ Chicken Kebabs, 4 pack, frozen 87g each
(½ Syn)
(4½ Syns)
(½ Syn)
Oakhurst/Cook It, Chicken Breasts in Hunters Style Sauce, twin pack, frozen 190g each
(3½ Syns)
(12 Syns)
(3½ Syns)
Oakhurst/Cook It, Chicken Breasts with a Caesar Style Topping, twin pack, frozen 185g each
(3½ Syns)
(15½ Syns)
(3½ Syns)
Ashfield, Barbecue Pork Spare Ribs, 400g pack, chilled 100g serving
(2 Syns)
(7½ Syns)
(2 Syns)
Ashfield, Chinese Pork Spare Ribs, 400g pack, chilled 100g serving
(1½ Syns)
(8½ Syns)
(1½ Syns)
Oakhurst/Cook It, Peppercorn Pork Shanks, twin pack, frozen 375g each
(2½ Syns)
(25 Syns)
(2½ Syns)
Oakhurst/Cook It, Sweet & Sour Pork Shanks, twin pack, frozen 375g each
(Free )
(24 Syns)
(Free )
Oakhurst/Cook It, Beef Brisket Steaks with Peppercorn Sauce, twin pack, frozen 225g each
(3½ Syns)
(14½ Syns)
(3½ Syns)
Oakhurst/Cook It, Beef Briskets in Onion Sauce, twin pack, frozen 200g each
(Free )
(9½ Syns)
( Free )

Wahey finally found activia individual snackpots in mango at morrisons.. oh happy day :D and on offer 3 for a £1.

My latest obsession is weight watchers Caramel Mallows..wafer marshmallow sandwich with caramel in middle.. yummy only 55cals (3 syns) Only found them in sainsburys so far thou!

OMG :eek:

Tesco Finest Restaurant Collection, Peppercorn Beef with Armagnac Sauce, chilled ~~, 550g pack

EE Free Original Free Green 38 1/2

Picked one up last night - not cheap at £6 BUT the beef portions are actually quite large as it is just lean meat so I split it into two and froze a portion. Not bad at £3 each (although the whole pack is free :eek:) and OMG was it good!!!! The sauce is lovely, creamy and tasty. Yumyumyum!

Deffinitely something to bear in mind.

Back