Whats your new SW food discovery??

How many syns is alpen bar ?
i put a tablespoon of nutella in the microwave when i get the choc craving and dip strawberries into it yummy
how many syns is nutella ? sounds yummmmyyyy

nadiya see earlier in the thread

Yes, me too! My latest discovery is cocoa powder. I used to mix up hot chocolate options into quark or yogurt and fruit for a yummy choccy pudding. That was just 1.5 syns for dark choc or mint choc or 2 syns for white choc.

I am now using 3 grams of cocoa for just 1/2 a syn! Or 6g for 1 whole syn. You need to add some extra sweetener, cos the cocoa is quite bitter, but it's great for a ultra low-syn choccy fix dessert!

great idea!:thankyou:

Yes, me too! My latest discovery is cocoa powder. I used to mix up hot chocolate options into quark or yogurt and fruit for a yummy choccy pudding. That was just 1.5 syns for dark choc or mint choc or 2 syns for white choc.

I am now using 3 grams of cocoa for just 1/2 a syn! Or 6g for 1 whole syn. You need to add some extra sweetener, cos the cocoa is quite bitter, but it's great for a ultra low-syn choccy fix dessert!

bring on the cocoa lol have been using it in my choc scan bran cake along with an options it gives it a richer more choccy flavour also tried out the fat free cakes using this.......very good!

Jo x

My colleague at work just bought some of those new Kallo Rice Cakes (the bag of little ones), sea salt and balsamic vinegar flavour. I tried one...fairly nice, and quite low syns for something snacky.

Kallo Wholegrain Mini Rice Cakes, Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar 25g bag[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
4½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 4½ Syns
green.gif
Green 4½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Kirsty

Ok my new discovery is hartleys low added sugar jelly and fat free yoghurt together, you mix the yoghurt into the jelly when it's cool and leave to set, very yummy indeed and 0.5syn a serving and it makes it rather sweet too, making it for food tasting tomorrow

Last edited:
This is so odd:confused: What's the difference apart from size

Danone Activia Fat Free Peach Yogurt, Individual 100g

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free

Danone Activia Fat Free Peach Yogurt, Multipack 125g pot

extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn

I just rang the syns hotline. Aparently the peach snackpot is a slightly different recipe with more sugar in. The size on here is not the pack size (very confusing). If something is free they just say 100g if it is syned they give the pack size. So if you have 330g (2 snack pots) of mango or raspberry or cherry it is still free. If you have 330g of peach it is 1 syn

Last edited:
just had this, nice! :)

Quorn Product Reccomendation

Evening Ladies and Gents,

Just thought I would hype up this:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quorn Classic Lasagne, chilled 500g pack[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
8 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 10 Syns
green.gif
Green 8 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Got it in the '3 Quorn products for £5' offer at Tesco. Oh wow, it's amazing! Really tasty and you HONESTLY wouldnt know it's Quorn/vegetarian! Even the OH liked it! We had half the pack each with some mixed herbs and garlic SW wedges. Delish!

Some fab ideas in this thread - i was starting to get bored of eating the same stuff all the time! :wave_cry:

Hi

Made some cauliflower and horseradish soup last night - recipie from the SW website. Cauliflowers are 39p in Aldi so a bit of a bargain!

It was really nice and free too :D Although I have to admit to adding quite a bit more horseraddish than the recommended 1 tsp, gives it a bit of a kick! Not bad though accross a big pot of soup.

Not sure if I can put the recipie here but I have anyway :eek:

INGREDIENTS
Fry Light, for spraying
1 onion, chopped
568ml/1pt stock made with Vecon or Bovril
½ head medium cauliflower, chopped
1 level tsp horseradish sauce
salt & pepper black pepper
4 tsp freshly chopped parsley

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Spray a non-stick saucepan with Fry Light. Brown the onion, add the stock and cauliflower and simmer 30-40 minutes. Transfer the soup into a blender and puree.
2. Return to the saucepan and heat through stirring in the horseradish and seasoning to taste. Pour into bowls and sprinkle with the chopped parsley before serving.

Back