Whats your new SW food discovery??

Hi gonnabesmall, yep, that is it!

Jam- how did you find it? Hope you liked it as much as I did :D

Hi Hannah2

Finally got around to having this on Tuesday for tea! Lovely - will defo be adding this to my favourites list! Will also be trying your cauliflower soup!

Had Sweet Chilli Chicken last night (receipe in old SW magazine). 1/2 syn per serving. Served it with wholegrain rice and portion of SW chips. Really lovely. Mmmmmm....

Gotta recommend this!!! - PASTA SAUCE - but SYN FREE??

Have to share with you this pasta sauce I purchased today. Well, it's actually passata with basil, much cheaper than many of the commerical pasta sauces and easier than making your own when time is short (i used to make mine from peeled toms and garlic)

I thought it was too good to be true, when I checked the label and noticed one of the ingrediants is sugar...however I have run this through the syns calculator and is has come up as FREE on all three plans

Just to get an idea of quantity - here are the ingrediants as listed on the product:
Chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, onion (1%), salt, sugar, basil (0.7%), acidity regulator, citric acid.

I take it the sugar content must be minimal as it's listed after the 1% onion.

Can this REALLY be free?? If so, I'm converted. My pasta lunch was delicious, served with a sprinkling of parmesan it was really tasty.

What do you all think?

Here is a foto as well.

I bought this in Morrisons today - jar is 700grams in the isle with the tinned toms and passata. Cost me £1.29. I have used just under 1/3 of the jar and I made two good portions.

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Image0181.jpg
    Image0181.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 248
  • Image0182.jpg
    Image0182.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 230
Passata is free yes! However id buy the stuff in carton.. far cheaper!

you can buy it with garlic already in.. then just buy some garlic italian seasoning, add salt and pepper, basil and top with cheese.. If you want it to extra yummy, i top with crispy grilled bacon. OMG LUSH!

It will only be a bit of sugar to counteract the acidity of the tomatoes. I always use a pinch of sugar when using normal tins of toms. I learnt the tip from years of Ready, Steady, Cook!!!!

In fact my daughter when she was 3 used to impress people with her ability to count backwards from 5 - spoilt it all by saying "stop cooking" after 1!!!

I always put granulated sweetner in when i use passata...
Can't stand it otherwise... xo

Yep, passata is free - I also buy the cartons with basil or garlic or whatever else in from Tesco, think it's about 60p or something. It's good stuff!

Yours looks proper posh :)

is this it,sounds yummy

IDShot_225x225.jpg

are you 100% certain that this is free on green and EE? i bought it today and it says that the sauce is made with double cream:eek: i posted on the syn section to see if anyone could run it through the calculator for me but havnt had a reply yet.

i dont have access to the syns calulator so could someone double check for everyone so we dont all go sabotaging ourselves:eek: like i have possibly done tonight:eek:

Hi Jane

When I originally posted it I checked and double checked on the Body Optimise Syn search to make sure it was correct, and it was. Like you I was unsure due to the ingredients but it came back as

Tesco Finest Restaurant Collection, Peppercorn Beef with Armagnac Sauce, chilled ~~, 550g pack

EE Free Original Free Green 38 1/2

However, I have just searched again tonight as i wanted to be able to say that I had checked again......... it is not coming up on the search :confused:

I can only presume that it has been removed ???? The only way to check would be to phone the syn hotline but I dont want to pay 60p a minute :eek:

thanks hannah, bit of mystery then? i dont blame for for not wanting to phone the hotline i dont want to do it either at that price!!!

I did phone them & actually the lady has just phoned me back.

It was taken off because they weren't sure if it was free as it sounds as though it shouldn't be. She asked me for the packet info so she could check, so I went to tescos but they didn't have any. That was why she was phoning me back.

If anyone has the packet info then I'll call her back and also she said that they would look out for it. So if it re-appears on ht e website, you know it's been checked properly.

So I'd hold off eating it for the time being!

xxx

ps I don't pay for my phone bill so I don't mind phoning ;)

Bacon medallions. Just the nice lean bit of back bacon no waste. Tesco and Sainsbury sell them but Lidls do similar which are really thick slices.

Back