Whats your new SW food discovery??

Favourite winter warmers

Hi
Now the supermarkets are full of Xmas goodies, my favourite is Mr Kipling winter warmer pies, in a 6 pack. Cranberry, plum etc. Each one is 11 syns and I would put an Activia creamy vanilla on top as I think this tastes just like cream.....Altogether 13.5 syns...well within my 15 allowed. Seems too good to be true....
What scrummies would you have that are in your daily allowance so we don't feel guilty....????
Julie
xxxx:p

I love love love Brandy Snaps - the only problem is I can eat them by the box-full! LOL x

The winter warmer pies are lush, but instead of adding the creamy vanilla activia, I would add sweetened quark, and maybe add a splash of brandy (a max of 5 ml) to make a brandy cream, and warm the pie first. Then it would only be 11.5 syns Yummmmm!! :drool:

Last edited:
Are the 'creamy' activia that much different to the normal vanilla ones? Are they really like having cream? Hmm - How many syns per pot?
Sorry for all the questions - am thinking Christmas pud / trifle.

I hadn't even thought about bloomin' christmas til I came back on here this morning!

I did phone them & actually the lady has just phoned me back.

It was taken off because they weren't sure if it was free as it sounds as though it shouldn't be. She asked me for the packet info so she could check, so I went to tescos but they didn't have any. That was why she was phoning me back.

If anyone has the packet info then I'll call her back and also she said that they would look out for it. So if it re-appears on ht e website, you know it's been checked properly.

So I'd hold off eating it for the time being!

xxx

ps I don't pay for my phone bill so I don't mind phoning ;)

Thanks Julie, really appreciate it. Will have a look and see if I can find it again when I go shopping and send you the details. Lets hope it reappears! H2 x

ETA: There is also a post on the Syn Value thread - using the details from the package online someone has checked and it has come up as free on EE and Red ???

From the Tesco website it is listed as
(Half a pack)

Energy 1295kJ (310kcal)
Protein 50.2g
Carbohydrate 14.9g
Fat 5.1g
Fibre 1.1g

Last edited:
Thanks Julie, really appreciate it. Will have a look and see if I can find it again when I go shopping and send you the details. Lets hope it reappears! H2 x

ETA: There is also a post on the Syn Value thread - using the details from the package online someone has checked and it has come up as free on EE and Red ???

From the Tesco website it is listed as
(Half a pack)

Energy 1295kJ (310kcal)
Protein 50.2g
Carbohydrate 14.9g
Fat 5.1g
Fibre 1.1g

Teresa was able to run it through the calculator when i posted it on the syns section and it came up as being free on EE and red:D

Caramel Shape Delight

I just had to share my love for these....was a bit gutted after buying them and then finding out they were 5.5 syns as thought this was rather a lot....but i had one yesterday and couldnt resist another today...they are actually amazing!!!! Definately worth the syns :)

Weirdly I just looked these up as an advert was just on telly and I was surprised at how many syns they are- guess they added plenty of sugar to make up for being lower fat! :p Might consider giving them a go but I do like the WW dessert recipes which are free :)

I had a new WW cheesecake and was mortified to find out it was 10.5 syns!!!!!! I bought the white choc delights and for 5.5 syns they are lush!! xx

i've been wondering how many syns these are. thankyou! think im going to have to try them though!

just tryed these today kins velvet crunch
king-velvet-crunch-tsc1.jpg
only 4 syns (i think) available in thai sweet chilli, sea salt and vinegar and cheddar cheese and onion and 6pk in tesco for a £1 :D

I've just made my first (yes, first) soup and a SW one at that - Carrot & Corriander - OMG - absolutely lovely. Made a large batch so can freeze some too. So much better than branded soups - oh, and syn free too! Off to find some other SW soup receipe's now - or can anyone recommend any???? !!

We just made carrot soup the other day. apart from looking like I was eating baby food, it was absolutely delish!

Spelt! I bought the Ainsley Harriot creamy vegetable one- it's really yummy! Nutty in texture and a great alternative to rice or couscous! Ainsley's is 1 syn for half the pack (190g cooked/75g dried). Yummmmy and nice to try something differentX

I've just made my first (yes, first) soup and a SW one at that - Carrot & Corriander - OMG - absolutely lovely. Made a large batch so can freeze some too. So much better than branded soups - oh, and syn free too! Off to find some other SW soup receipe's now - or can anyone recommend any???? !!

I found a recipe for Super Speed soup on here and I made that at the weekend (also my first soup)...it was lovely but there is a lot of veggies to chop. Just search for it on Minimins, and it'll come up.

Also, I bought some 'Pour n Store' bags from Wilko the other day...they're great for soups and sauces in the freezer, if you haven't found them already.

Kirsty x

I found a recipe for Super Speed soup on here and I made that at the weekend (also my first soup)...it was lovely but there is a lot of veggies to chop. Just search for it on Minimins, and it'll come up.

Also, I bought some 'Pour n Store' bags from Wilko the other day...they're great for soups and sauces in the freezer, if you haven't found them already.

Kirsty x

Thanks Kirsty - those bags from Wilko sound great - guess where I will be shopping at the weekend then.......!

Chocolate Weetabix

Just had two with warm milk and sliced banana as a HEb (+2 syns)

Tasty tasty! :) xo

Back