Whats your new SW food discovery??

I can vouch for the Shape 0% yog's!

The strawbeery ones are so good, thick and UBER creamy. YUM!

Tesco has them 2 packs for £2!!

I've made the hot salmon pate receipe in the Christmas cookbook last night - just reduced the quantites and made a smaller portion for the next couple of days. Absolutely amazing and syn free. Just had it for lunch served inside little gem lettuce leaves with cherry toms and cucumber, sprinkle of lemon juice and black pepper - would be great with cruddites (as per the cook book) or on Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbreads - lush!

I've made the hot salmon pate receipe in the Christmas cookbook last night - just reduced the quantites and made a smaller portion for the next couple of days. Absolutely amazing and syn free. Just had it for lunch served inside little gem lettuce leaves with cherry toms and cucumber, sprinkle of lemon juice and black pepper - would be great with cruddites (as per the cook book) or on Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbreads - lush!

I like the sund of that. Could you post the recipe here please.

Thanks.

Chick pea dahl

Hi!
I'm new to the forum and was reading thru some posts when i came across this one and someone mentioned chickpea dahl in a tin. they also said it is free. Is this true? I was so excited last night whne i read it but just now i was looking thru my food directory and it sai that sainsburys chick pea dahl is 11 syns on extra easy or green but 27.5 on red day??

Does anyone know the answer? don't want to buy it until i know for sure

Ignore me!! just looked on line and the asda one is free but not the sainsburys one!! I'll have to take a trip to asda..lol

yeah its the asda own brand chick pea dahl thats free and i believe morrisons do a branded syn free 1? Its really high in syns elsewhere strangely enough its yummy having it for lunch tomorrow :) xx

ooh weetos chocolate cereal bars! Great for a choccy fix, especially just out the fridge and only 4.5 syns a bar, get a box of 5 for £1 in farmfoods :)

My new discovery was Shape 0% yogurt I despise mullerlights as they tastes so artificial :( I have tried so many and then I read a recommendation on this forum and rush out to get some 2 for £2 in Tesco today: YUMMY!! I can now eat yummy yogurts again as I had been avoiding them for a while and just eating total 0% greek yogurt: still lush though!

Wow sounds lush! Cant wait to try that. Thanks! I love smashing up a maringue nest and mixing it up with toffee muller light! A small syn for a nice dessert! :p

The Savour Bakes caramel rice slims from Aldi. 5 syns for 1 pack with 10 nice rice crisps in. Perfect sweet snack. They have and salty option which are nice as well, but I prefer the sweet one.

We went to Aldi today after reading a thread about Satin Crunch!

OMG!!! They are fantastic! Even the cats are going mad for the cheese and spring onion ones LOL 4 syns a bag? Bargain!

Also got Fox's Glacier DARK. Never seen them before. They are liquorice and aniseed flavour. I am hoping they are the same synnage as the Glacier Mints (1 per sweetie) They taste like pernod and blackcurrant!!!:bliss:

I've discovered a topping for pasta bake, moussaka, just about anything really - it goes crunchy and feels a bit naughty but isn't. 150ml natural v low fat yoghurt, mix in an egg, then a bit of reduced fat cheese from your HEA, put it over pasta and veg etc in a casserole dish and bake it in the oven for about 30 mins, or until its set.

Was in Morrisons the other day and saw they had mini flan sponges that worked out at about 3.5 syns...bet that would be lush filled with fruit in jelly and topped with a creamy vanilla Activia snackpot! Would have got a pack but they were all out of date urggggh!

Was in Morrisons the other day and saw they had mini flan sponges that worked out at about 3.5 syns...bet that would be lush filled with fruit in jelly and topped with a creamy vanilla Activia snackpot! Would have got a pack but they were all out of date urggggh!

Hey sis :wavey:....have you not seen the jaffa cake on here? lol.....orange jelly in flan case with melted dark chocolate on top! xxx

Back