Whats your new SW food discovery??

Tonight I tried a bottle of Sainsbury's low alcohol Czech lager, 500ml bottle which is only 20 calories. It was surprisingly really nice so will be buying it again :D xx

I've been thinking about trying something like this as I wean myself off red wine! :cry:Does anyone know how many syns this would equate to?

Thanks!

Tonight I tried a bottle of Sainsbury's low alcohol Czech lager, 500ml bottle which is only 20 calories. It was surprisingly really nice so will be buying it again :D xx

You could also try Rick Stein's Chalky's Bite Beer (can get from Sharps Brewery web site & I think Sainsbury's stock it). OH & I "discovered" this beer during a New Year's break in Cornwall (after going to Cornwall for the past 5 years lol). It won the award for "the healthiest beer" in Mens Health magazine in 2009. It is only 33 calories a bottle (6.8% however) and is really good. Not too sure of syn's value thou.

just been on a website a friend was telling me about - the tinytakeaway.com

they do loads of different ready done spices for different currys (korma, madras, vindaloo)

most of them are all syn free apart from a few that you have to add sigle cream too

i've just ordered a few to try out....so i'll let you know once i've give them a go

Hi

Can I also recommend Spicentice, who do the same thing? I discovered this company at the Summer Good Food show at the NEC last year. Their spice kits are brilliant and work really well. All come with a shopping list and the recipe. I just use frylight instead of oil and fat free yoghut or fromage frais instead of cream..web site is www.spicentice.com/

low sin sausages

Hi, i tried the wall's classic skinless(thin)sausages, and they're really tasty(even hubby likes them and he's such a funny eater) they work out at 1sin on red and ee, 2.5sins on green, and best of all only around 90p a pack:D

I just tried morrisons eat smart yoghurts, They taste really nice. They are in the same shaped pot as mullerlights & taste the same as far as i can tell.
Best part though is that they are 33p a pot and veggie!!! I always get so miffed as i can't eat mullerlights & the pudding recipes people put up on here often have mullerlights in them, now i can make some yummy puddings! :)

Hey i likey! thanks for that ;) wonder if they do something similar in the pub cos soda water or diet coke doesnt always do it for me lol

Hey i likey! thanks for that ;) wonder if they do something similar in the pub cos soda water or diet coke doesnt always do it for me lol

It is lovely hun :)
I really enjoyed the beer. Not sure if local pubs do it or not. xxx

Unfortunately I am really ill after quorn products! Still the extra lean mince is good and low fat, and I love chicken so I manage but it is very good if you like it, makes life easy if youre on the green plan too

Chocolate fix for 3 sins!!

Just had an options indulgence chocolate fudge drink with little splash of skimmed milk, absolutely gorgeous. Well worth 3 sins.:D

:drool: *drools* now that sounds lovely!

Made the chicken Kiev but without the breadcrumbs so stuffed chicken I suppose and absolutely loved it! When I was making it I thought this is never going to work as it seemed quite runny but it was delicious and smelt like real Kiev when cooking and my hubby son and daughter ate it and all seemed to like it and there are many meals I can say that about! Definitely be doing that one again!

I am a big Nandos fan. The Nandos sauce is only 1/2 syn per tablespoon and if you buy a hot one, you really don't want more than that! So I have chicken breast with Nandos sauce and homemade potato wedges (with cajun spice on them) and broccoli, green beans and leeks, yummy!

Made the chicken Kiev but without the breadcrumbs so stuffed chicken I suppose and absolutely loved it! When I was making it I thought this is never going to work as it seemed quite runny but it was delicious and smelt like real Kiev when cooking and my hubby son and daughter ate it and all seemed to like it and there are many meals I can say that about! Definitely be doing that one again!

Sounds nice emsie. Do you have to keep spraying the chicken with fry light when it's cooking or does it not get dry?

Aisha xx

Back