Whats your new SW food discovery??

jaylou said:
My latest discovery is Asda cottage cheese with red pepper and chilli. Half a syn for 100g (a third of a tub). It's nice and firey and super on sweet onion ryvita.

Oooo this is Delish the best cottage cheese !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can confirm that you can have 2 of these for a healthy B choice. It's listed in Free Branded Foods directory 2011 (it has branded healthy extras listed at the back). Choose from chocolate orange, sultana apple or summer fruits - Enjoy ;)

Hey thats great news even more reason to get myself to Aldi!

I've recently discovered quorn nuggets which i now have as a weekend treat, there only 1/2 a syn each and i have them with lots of ketchup :)

Asda's tinned mexican style chicken (on the same shelf as the dahl, stewed beef, chilli etc). Sooooooooo tasty, and only 1.5 syns for the whole tin! Great if you're in a hurry for dinner or for lunch if you've not had time to prepare anything. I've had it with rice and FF greek yog, and hubby's had it with cheese and a baked potato. It's fast becoming one of our faves!

Baked white choc and ginger cheesecake...6syns a portion, well worth every syn!

Asda's tinned mexican style chicken (on the same shelf as the dahl, stewed beef, chilli etc). Sooooooooo tasty, and only 1.5 syns for the whole tin! Great if you're in a hurry for dinner or for lunch if you've not had time to prepare anything. I've had it with rice and FF greek yog, and hubby's had it with cheese and a baked potato. It's fast becoming one of our faves!

ooo will have to try this! always on the lookout for stuff like this for my husband for work and to keep in for quick cant be arsed meals!

edit...what exactly is it called?? tried searching asda syns online for mixican and mexican style chicken and not getting it?

2nd edit...lol.....found it on asda website.....mexican style chicken....so how do you know its 1.5syns?? sorry im really anal and dont eat unless i can see the syn value for myself and im not getting it on syns online?

Perhaps she worked it out using the syn calculator? That's what I had to do with an own brand tin yesterday.

ooo will have to try this! always on the lookout for stuff like this for my husband for work and to keep in for quick cant be arsed meals!

edit...what exactly is it called?? tried searching asda syns online for mixican and mexican style chicken and not getting it?

2nd edit...lol.....found it on asda website.....mexican style chicken....so how do you know its 1.5syns?? sorry im really anal and dont eat unless i can see the syn value for myself and im not getting it on syns online?

I just used the nutritional value from the asda website and put it into the syn calculator. I also started a thread asking someone to check it before I'd signed up again and couldnt check it myself.

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/183224-syns-asda-mexican-style-chicken-tinned.html

I just put some red onion into my baked beans... yum!!!...
and super free too.. :)

That is yummy I also like to put red peppers and a sprinkle of hot chilli powder in my beans too. x

I bought some of the new Kerry's Low Low Cheese spread and wasnt sure what to make with it. I come up with the idea of melting it and making it into a quiche.
So just put together a cheese and onion quiche, it's in the oven cooking now and the smell of it is amazing!!!!
Really hope it tastes good :D
xxx

♥ Cheese & Onion Mini Quiches ♥

They work out at 0.5 syns per quiche

Ingredients:

112g Kerry Low Low Full Flavoured Mature Cheddar Spread (this is 3 syns per 28g)
250g of low fat cottage cheese
3 eggs
1 red onion
2 spring onions
Salt & pepper
Garlic granules

Method:

Melt the Kerry Low low cheese spread in the microwave for 40 seconds.
Add the 3 eggs & cottage cheese to a mixing bowl, chop up the onions and mix altogether.
Add the melted cheese, mix well & season.
Add some garlic granules for extra flavour.
Cook on gas mark 6 for around 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.

DELICIOUS!

Picture1342.jpg

oooh! they look AMAZING!! I think i might need to make some of these for my lunches.......

They are gorgeous hun, really cheesy and even tastier when still hot :) xx

Back