Whats your new SW food discovery??

I was just looking for something to give me a sugary hit, I have 50mls of milk remaining from my HEA so think I'm going to try to make one (with some water too!) Thanks for the tip!! xx

ooo chocolate brownie would sounds very lush!

The white chocolate one is good with milk too :)!

Good pre bed treat!

Wish I had enough syns left for one today infact...o well!

If you put them thorugh the syn calculator you cannot use the potato in them as free food allowance so therefore 1 syn = 20 cals! xx

why not? I chose dried potato flakes - which they're made from, and it was the second highest ingredient to water, so why not?

sod it, i'll make them myself :p

Not a 'new' food, but one that you might enjoy - asda do a dried pasta made with chilli and its gorgeous! I'm not usually keen on cold pasta in salads etc but this has a real little kick to it that peps it right up! I've only seen it in asda though, with all the other dry pastas, orange in colour - hope you enjoy as much as I do!

cherry-pie said:
Not a 'new' food, but one that you might enjoy - asda do a dried pasta made with chilli and its gorgeous! I'm not usually keen on cold pasta in salads etc but this has a real little kick to it that peps it right up! I've only seen it in asda though, with all the other dry pastas, orange in colour - hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Love this always use it :)

Phh they sound s nice silly and also the potato gratin recipe in the sw magazine its gorgeous and quark it has become my new fav thing. Am making a sw style cheesecake tommorow, though i need to think of something suitable to make the base out of. The filling will be quark, natural yogurt and agar agar to set it and going to put whole strawberrys on top. Though will put some syns in the base and also might add some cocoa powder into the filling, will have to the working out and report :D

Just to say tis thurday club tommorow when us girls get together and we always having a take out or we cook something nice soo going to show off what i;ve learnt via sw lol

I have never used agar agar but would like to try. How did it work out? If a recipe says x amount of gelatine, what quantity of agar would you use?

Uh cheesecake didnt work and have decided that if i'#m going to make an actual desert its going to be a proper desert couldnt get any agar gar in the end. grrr. Its slightly different to make up form gelatin(have some in my cupboard atm)

Must try that pasta

Edamame Beans

I have just discovered Endamame beans. They are great hot or cold and are packed with amazing nutrients. they are ideal for green days and vegetarians. They make a great healthy snack too.Edamame is an excellent source of low-calorie protein . A half-cup of these beans has 11 grams of protein and is one of the few vegetarian protein sources that have all nine of the essential amino acids the body can’t make. The fat in edamame is the heart-healthy kind, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats that help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. Not sure where these would sit on a red day or extra easy presumably a free food on EE but a synned food on red.

Where do you buy them and how do you cook them? Intriguing!

Mmm love these from yo!sushi with salt and chilli yumyum x

Where do you buy them and how do you cook them? Intriguing!
In the frozen veg section. Thye look like broad beans at first glance but much smaller. Just cook them like you would peas. Lovely as a veg or in salads and risotto x

My recent discovery is Old El paso refried beans . Free on EE . I bought the Spicy ones and they were lovely . Fab on a jacket potato if you fancy a change from Heinz .
wow I had forgotten about these thank you x

Back