Whats your new SW food discovery??

How about "battered" mushrooms?
Mushrooms on a skewer, roll in beaten egg then in DRY mash powder (seasoned to taste, Cajun spices etc. ) then in the oven to cook.
You can do wedges the same and chicken breast chunks for some "nuggets".

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Crushed Meringue nest (2.5 syns) Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries with a little sweetener, covered in Mullerlight vanilla & dark chocolate sprinkles.

or even if you are brave I'm sure you could make syn free meringue with sweetener!

Nope, no syns on EE, but probably some on RED.

you CAN'T make meringue with sweetner, doesn't set.
Even the SW chefs say so.

cheers everyone, I also too heard you cannot make merangue with sweetner and i am not brave enough to try.. but i do like the yummy,, i also like the mousse you make with sugar free jelly and quark but i have had it that much its not quite the same any more :D,, I have a phobia about touching chocolate and all things yummy at the moment, which i suppose isnt a bad thing,, I just darn't eat it in case i cant stop and spoil my few weeks of hard work,,,, onwards and upwards then to my goal, 1/3rd of the way there :D

Well.....
You can make meringue with sweetener but it never sets. It's more like the chewy type you get on top of lemon meringue pies.

Oh, and it's "onwards and downwards" round here. :)

A good one for me is sliced banana with some sweetener sprinkled over it (sweet tooth!) with a Toffee Mullerlight on the top. It tastes like you're eating loads of Syns, but you're not! Yummy! :D

Thanks for the input guys! Might just stick to the 2.5 syns! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

how about if you use Splenda instead of just normal sweetner for meringue, after all Splenda's made from sugar so should have similar consistensy?

ColJack said:
How about "battered" mushrooms?
Mushrooms on a skewer, roll in beaten egg then in DRY mash powder (seasoned to taste, Cajun spices etc. ) then in the oven to cook.
You can do wedges the same and chicken breast chunks for some "nuggets".

Brilliant idea! Will try this - thank you :)

Best done with proper smash though, tried it with asda smartprice mash powder and it was rather gritty.

Found in Tesco (might have already been posted) Simply cook, 2 chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with cheese in a foil tray, chilled - FREE!!!!!!!!!!!! They were £3 something or 2 for £6.

I couldnt believe they were free because of the cheese?!?!

mummy-to-two-monkeys :) said:
Found in Tesco (might have already been posted) Simply cook, 2 chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with cheese in a foil tray, chilled - FREE!!!!!!!!!!!! They were £3 something or 2 for £6.

R they free if cheese is HEA maybe??

My hubby has these and I've seen the amount of fat on the bacon slices so personally won't consider them free.

Back