Whats your new SW food discovery??

Syns online say theyre free.

thai pack

Has anybody seen the thai packs from asda with lemongrass, garlic , ginger and chillis in...*mazing I just wapped some veg and king prawns with it and it was lush...added extra chillis in it though so my tastebuds have dissolved! X:D

Sounds gorgeous! :drool:
xxx

It's a bit of a random one, but it's Options Caribbean Coconut! I had a random sachet in the cupboard so I thought I'd try it - it's bloomin lovely! Definitely fab for a sweet fix, and if you close your eyes you could even imagine you're on a tropical island ;)

Does anyone know where they do the jar version rather than just the sachets? xx

dudette2001uk said:
It's a bit of a random one, but it's Options Caribbean Coconut! I had a random sachet in the cupboard so I thought I'd try it - it's bloomin lovely! Definitely fab for a sweet fix, and if you close your eyes you could even imagine you're on a tropical island ;)

Does anyone know where they do the jar version rather than just the sachets? xx

Asda - bought one this week although haven't tried it yet along with the White choc one - also had orange one that I might consider buying next week :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How about "battered" mushrooms?
Mushrooms on a skewer, roll in beaten egg then in DRY mash powder (seasoned to taste, Cajun spices etc. ) then in the oven to cook.
You can do wedges the same and chicken breast chunks for some "nuggets".

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Garlic mushrooms is on the menu this week. :D Thanks for the tip ColJack.

OMG Mackerel!!!

Just had it for the first time ever i think (tinned in brine from morrisons!), and it was absolutely gorgeous!

Definitely going to be having it more often! nom nom nom!

Quark. I know, I know - it's not exactly a 'new' discovery, but I've only just realised how to mess with it so I actually like it.

I just made a gorgeous cheese spread by mixing a little bit of salt, lots of black pepper, dried oregano and dried parsley into it.

selwonk said:
OMG Mackerel!!!

Just had it for the first time ever i think (tinned in brine from morrisons!), and it was absolutely gorgeous!

Definitely going to be having it more often! nom nom nom!

Lol this was me a few weeks ago tho I get the fresh smoked fillets, bout £2.20 for really good portion. Gorgeous in salad!!

Blaze said:
Quark. I know, I know - it's not exactly a 'new' discovery, but I've only just realised how to mess with it so I actually like it.

I just made a gorgeous cheese spread by mixing a little bit of salt, lots of black pepper, dried oregano and dried parsley into it.

It's so versatile isn't it! I made pate & Stilton and garlic sw Boursin with it yesterday

What do you mean by " can't use all the HeA options on EE"?

Also smoked mackerel is 1 syn per 28g on EE and RED or 5 syns per 28g on GREEN.

Last edited:
ColJack said:
What do you mean by " can't use all the HeA options on EE"?

Also smoked mackerel is 1 syn per 28g on EE and RED or 5 syns per 28g on GREEN.

Yeah synned the mackerel, 9 of those bad boys right there.

Well on EE I was using a hea from any of the lists (red, green, ee) thinking that was ok instead of just using the ee hea list. For example, used Stilton as hea when doing EE when it should have been synned instead. (that's right isn't it lol?)

Back