Whats your new SW food discovery??

It's probably already been mentioned but asda do meat free meatballs frozen £1.98 , there are 20 in a pkt and for 3 syns for whole bag! They are really nice. IMO the first non meat thing to taste like meat.

Donna

Oh, I got one!!

Morrisons are selling a wee baggie of their own brand Mini Jaffa cakes which are 1 syns per mini jaffa cake and they're YUM!

Peas straight from the pods!!!!

I've always eaten loads during the summer when they are in season but this year is the first time I've done the SW plan and this last week I've eaten a 1 lb bag of them on 4 or 5 days out of the last 7. And at WI this morning I had my biggest loss ever since starting the plan at the end of Feb. I lost 4.5 lb this week and the only thing I can put it down to is mountains of super speed fresh, raw peas. :D

Aw auntynet I love peas out of the pod too...not quite eaten as many as you though. The best thing is that they take ages to eat as they are fiddly to get out of the pods so it feels like you have eaten more than you have...great to snack on in front of the tv!

Forgot to also add that shape delights 0% crumble yoghurts are to die for, so thick and creamy, for too nice to only be 1/2 syn....my new favourite yoghurts! That may change though when I finally get hold of the new muller coconut yoghurt!!

Forgot to also add that shape delights 0% crumble yoghurts are to die for, so thick and creamy, for too nice to only be 1/2 syn....my new favourite yoghurts! That may change though when I finally get hold of the new muller coconut yoghurt!!

oooh they sound lush! i had the shape 0% ones for a change as they were on offer instead of the mullerlights i normally get but i found them a bit cream cheesey? Do the crumble ones have a cheesey aftertaste?

(have i just made myself sound totally insane?!):eek:

believe it or not scan bran cheesecake

Peas straight from the pods!!!!

I've always eaten loads during the summer when they are in season but this year is the first time I've done the SW plan and this last week I've eaten a 1 lb bag of them on 4 or 5 days out of the last 7. And at WI this morning I had my biggest loss ever since starting the plan at the end of Feb. I lost 4.5 lb this week and the only thing I can put it down to is mountains of super speed fresh, raw peas. :D

Aw, wish that had happened for me, I'm on my 3rd bag of them since I started getting them a couple of weeks ago, but I havent had any good losses lately - Ive been eating superspeed soup and scan bran too so its not for lack of trying!!

Penguin_Hell said:
of course!
You will need:
Half a bag of Vermicelli (Which is about 100g) (200g bag is 50p in Tesco)
4 Eggs
1 Tub of Quark
4 Tbs of Sweetener
4 drops of vanilla Essence (i didn't use vanilla essence for mine though)

Boil half a bag of Vermicelli until soft, then drain.
Mix together 4 eggs, 1 tub of quark, 4tbs of sweetener and the vanilla essence.
Mash the Vermicelli and mix all together.
Pour into a dish and bake for 40 mins on 180 degrees C.

I blended my vermicelli, and left it in the oven for about an hour instead.

No syns ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The pea & leek pasta in this months mag, yummy and syn free if you have it on green and measure out a heb of Philly. Also I think there's a lot of scope for different tastes using the different flavours of philly and different veg. I think I'll try a sweet chilli one next with red peppers, red onions and added chilli:)

Tesco Prawn, Tuna and Veg sushi box. Not brave enough to try the raw fish stuff yet but this is absolutely lovely, and included in the meal deal lunch offer thing. Only 1.5 syns per box and very handy for lunches out and about instead of a sandwich.

I often go to M&S and get the veggie sushi if I haven't been able to get a lunch together before leaving for work. It's only 1 syn and is quite filling :)

I found a recipe online the other day for a Vermicelli cake.

The name of if put me off at first. But i made it and it reminded me of bread & butter pudding! Very nice!

Let me know if anyone wants the recipe! :D

pls may i have the recipe??? i love vermicelli....

OOOPS ....JUST FOUND IT....SORRY!

Last edited:
Birds eye frozen herbs

Has anyone seen these! Absolutely genius! I got the chilli one yesterday and just used some, pre chopped and works out cheaper than buying a bag of chillis only for some of them to go soft. There's garlic, parsley & basil too:)

Back