Whats your new SW food discovery??

Yeah thinking about it they probably aren't free. I guess when you roast them you kind of dry them out and it makes them less filling. I ate some today and they were nice but I got bored of them quite quickly so seeing as I'm at target I'm going to call them free but maybe wouldn't suggest it to anyone trying to lose! Then again i did lose half a lb when I was on hol and I ate a lot of these bad boys! :)

Birds Eye Salmon with lemon and herb butter

Just wanted to tell anyone that has never tried this to buy it, it's absolutely delicious and free on Original or EE. It's in the freezer section and it cost me £4 for 2 portions from Asda. All you do is pop it in the oven for 25 minutes and its seriously good. I had it with salad, new potatoes and ratatouille.

I wasn't too keen on it - the salmon was quite tasteless I thought.

I'm not very confident in cooking salmon so for me it was an easy way of popping it in the oven and it cooks itself. I thought it was delicious, but I suppose its horses for courses!

I'm not very confident in cooking salmon so for me it was an easy way of popping it in the oven and it cooks itself. I thought it was delicious, but I suppose its horses for courses!

I am a rubbish cook but love salmon! I just grind a bit of pepper and throw over some mixed herbs, wrap it in tin foil and bung it in the oven - about 20 minutes at a reasonably high temp (gas 7-8) and bobs your uncle; absolutely delicious!

I am a rubbish cook but love salmon! I just grind a bit of pepper and throw over some mixed herbs, wrap it in tin foil and bung it in the oven - about 20 minutes at a reasonably high temp (gas 7-8) and bobs your uncle; absolutely delicious!

Thanks for the advice, I might give it a go next week:jelous:

I thought they were really tasty and I love fish

Yeah thinking about it they probably aren't free. I guess when you roast them you kind of dry them out and it makes them less filling. I ate some today and they were nice but I got bored of them quite quickly so seeing as I'm at target I'm going to call them free but maybe wouldn't suggest it to anyone trying to lose! Then again i did lose half a lb when I was on hol and I ate a lot of these bad boys! :)
I lived in Turkey up until a couple of months ago, and roasted salted chick peas are a snack food there too. So yummy! I've been working on the theory they probably wouldn't be free, even though that's heartbreaking. ;)

Mini milks. 1.5 syns a go.. i have at least one most days!

I discovered this the other day! Had a new freezer and wanted to fill it up..so me and my mum were looking at all the contents of all the different ice creams.
Some were so high!
Was shocked to see the Mini Milks were only 30 calories!!

Very pleased :D

Oh me too! I nearly fell over myself in the supermarket when I saw they were 30cals a piece!!

By the way the Asda's own version are 60 cals (3 syns) each.. keep to the real ones for the low syn goodness heh :)

Flippy said:
Bought some mini mills today thanks to this thread. Just made an apple crumble and I love ice cream with all hot puds, had the genius idea of scraping a mini milk off the stick to go with it, perfect!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this :D :D

Using them off the stick with fruit is a great idea! I had never thought of this!!! * rushes off to buy mini milks*

Flippy said:
Bought some mini mills today thanks to this thread. Just made an apple crumble and I love ice cream with all hot puds, had the genius idea of scraping a mini milk off the stick to go with it, perfect!

That is indeed pretty ingenius! I must try it! XxX

Place your salmon slices in a dish, add 4 tbsp light soy sauce over them, and "runny honey" cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for 1 hr before cooking, grill for 5mins on both sides, serve on a bed of couscous, or rice.

Back