Whats your new SW food discovery??

Hello all,

Just posted this in the recipe section (if you can call it a recipe!) - not sure where it stands on SW food abuse rules but sure someone can fill us in?!

Here it is:

I made some cauliflower 'rice' for the first time last night - and I was over the moon with the results!!

I had heard about it ages ago, but put off trying it as thought it sounded rotten t be honest! Anyway, I thought I'd give it a go last night and was very impressed.

It is basically just a head of cauliflower blended in a food processor and then placed in a covered microwave dish and zapped for 3-4 minutes (don't add any water)

The consistency is more like couscous to be honest, but I may have just blended mine a bit too much!

I had it with bolognese and it was delightful! It doesn't taste of much but bulked the meal out perfectly without the need for carbs.

I am not sure if this is classed as amending the purpose of a food or whatever, just thought I'd share in case anyone ever fancied it.

rice.jpg rice 2.jpg

Enjoy!!

Ooooh I've been wanting to do this but wasn't sure how to as no food processor. Also I thought 'surely it must taste grim' but clearly not! Glad to hear about it from someone. Thanks for sharing and the pics :)

Do you reckon grating it would work? I just dont have room for any more appliances in the kitchen! Hmmmm maybe I could use one of them mini choppers.....? Now, where did I put that Argos catalogue!

I made this alot on my red days and even on EE days when I dont want rice. I think it tastes brilliant but Ive never microwaved it.

I usually blitz it then fry it in a wok with an onion and some frylight. Will deff try the mirco way! x

Ooooh I've been wanting to do this but wasn't sure how to as no food processor. Also I thought 'surely it must taste grim' but clearly not! Glad to hear about it from someone. Thanks for sharing and the pics :)

Do you reckon grating it would work? I just dont have room for any more appliances in the kitchen! Hmmmm maybe I could use one of them mini choppers.....? Now, where did I put that Argos catalogue!

i have one of the mini choppers and it takes up hardly any room, I usually have to do it in two lots though because its quite small. Grating would work but very time consuming x

I am going to try that as well I love Cauliflower would be lovely on a red day with fish yummy.I dont think its food missuse as its a vegetable and they are superfree so its only a good thing if you are eating more vegetables surely?
xxx

this sounds excellent as even though I'm doing green and can have the actual rice i do find it difficult to consume my veg so this may help, thank you!

Joanne24 said:
i have one of the mini choppers and it takes up hardly any room, I usually have to do it in two lots though because its quite small. Grating would work but very time consuming x

Thanks I will get one of them as I can squeeze it in!

Just discovered Kara coconut milk its so creamy and yummy and none dairy so its great for anyone who cant have lactose :)
You are allowed loads as a HEA as well and its only 1 1/2 syns in 100 ml

I made rice pud with it and it was so naughty tasting

xxx

Mrs E-H said:
Just discovered Kara coconut milk its so creamy and yummy and none dairy so its great for anyone who cant have lactose :)

xxx

Ohhhhh. Sounds lush!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mrs E-H said:

xxx

Sounds lovely!!! I'll keep my eye out :)

Hello all,

Just posted this in the recipe section (if you can call it a recipe!) - not sure where it stands on SW food abuse rules but sure someone can fill us in?!

Here it is:

I made some cauliflower 'rice' for the first time last night - and I was over the moon with the results!!

I had heard about it ages ago, but put off trying it as thought it sounded rotten t be honest! Anyway, I thought I'd give it a go last night and was very impressed.

It is basically just a head of cauliflower blended in a food processor and then placed in a covered microwave dish and zapped for 3-4 minutes (don't add any water)

The consistency is more like couscous to be honest, but I may have just blended mine a bit too much!

I had it with bolognese and it was delightful! It doesn't taste of much but bulked the meal out perfectly without the need for carbs.

I am not sure if this is classed as amending the purpose of a food or whatever, just thought I'd share in case anyone ever fancied it.

View attachment 23876 View attachment 23877

Enjoy!!

I may have to try this as don't like rice, but I like curry. I usually have it with a naan bread but that's a bit naughty for syns! Thanks for posting!

New McCain Micro Ready Baked Jackets - FREE on EE and Green!

Hi there,

Just seen a post on Facebook advertising new McCain Ready Baked Jackets (I know they're more expensive than doing your own but handy for work or when you don't have much time!)

I put the nutritional info into the calculator and it comes up as FREE on Extra Easy and Green.

Hope that helps someone!! xx

Just had a look at these and I'm [retty sure that there has to be syns involved! It mentions on the website that they're drizzled in sunflower oil prior to baking... off to investigate :3

edit: I put in the Nutritional Values in the syn calculator for green days > free food potatoes (fresh) and input the NV's for microwaved and estimated 250g per serving.

Free per package/portion on Extra Easy
Free per package/portion on Green
10½ Syns per package/portion on Original

http://www.mccain.co.uk/mccain-products/family-classics-made-easy/ready-baked-jackets/

Anyone able to confirm if I've done this correctly to backup Rainbow Brite! :D

Mrs E-H said:

xxx

Oh i likey......where did u get it from?

Back