Whats your new SW food discovery??

I really dont like plain rice very much, never mind brown rice. Yesterday i cooked it with 1chicken stock cube and a beef one and it was lush, even the kids loved it saying it tasted like the packet savory rice.

lizbif34 said:
I noticed about the Supernoodles..after scoffing a good few packs last week :(

even though im at club i has last years directory and saw it was 3 1/2 syns so thought not too bad, only to find this year they are 10 syns!!

Gutted lol :rolleyes:

The low fat ones ate free on extra easy x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The McCains jacket potatoes are syn'd....because i looked on the syn calculator under brands, and it came up there...? 1 1/2 i believe

The McCains jacket potatoes are syn'd....because i looked on the syn calculator under brands, and it came up there...? 1 1/2 i believe

i'm not surprised they are synned they have like an oilyish coating on the skin think it could be olive oil will have to take a look but my o/h says they are delicious :)
i bought some shapers maple popcorn from boots on offer at the moment 33p for a 20g bag instead of 50p there's a lot in the bag and it was quite nice it made a change from crisps and the shapers mint chocolate bars are on offer as well think they were about £1.35 instead of £2.05 for a box of 5 :D

I boiled a gammon/ham joint in diet coke for 2.5 hrs, it just shredded of,it was lovely and the whole family liked it.

Just put it in a pan, poured over diet coke and let it boil/simmer? I'm interested :D

I've recently discovered pureed beans. I recently made refried beans using a tin of kidney beans and a can of black eye beans, boiled in veg stock then pureed, delicious. Last night I pureed a can of baked beans to see what would happen, and got a lovely thick tomato sauce base, to which I added lots of chili power, salt, black pepper and tabasco to make a mexican style sauce. I added quorn pieces and served over boiled rice. Took 15 mins and was a very filling free meal for one. Will use again in future to make pasta sauces and curry sauces

I've recently discovered pureed beans. I recently made refried beans using a tin of kidney beans and a can of black eye beans, boiled in veg stock then pureed, delicious. Last night I pureed a can of baked beans to see what would happen, and got a lovely thick tomato sauce base, to which I added lots of chili power, salt, black pepper and tabasco to make a mexican style sauce. I added quorn pieces and served over boiled rice. Took 15 mins and was a very filling free meal for one. Will use again in future to make pasta sauces and curry sauces

This sounds amazing, is it allowed though cause of the amount you would be consuming might be like 'food abuse' like the whole microwave crisps debacle? I really want to try this is all and don't want to over eat xxxx

jimmy's girl said:
Light choices - red pepper & pesto cottage cheese - really, really gorgeous.

I'm not a lover of cottage cheese, believe me ive tried to like it sooooo many times! I do however I adore pesto! Are there any syns in this?

Sorry BeckyT not been back on yesterday. That's moonstruck morning says it is Syn free and really tasty. Got me thinking that I could add all sorts to plain f/f cottage cheese - chill, peppers, cucumber, tomato or even onions n herbs. blitz the lot in a food processor and syn-free dip for snacking!!!!

Mint and chocolate sprinkle muller light..... Well it will be next month when it comes out.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I can't wait!!!...

I can just imagine them frozen...just like my favourite ice-cream..mint choc chip :drool:

Nommmmm

These sound amazing :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back