Whats your new SW food discovery??

I found the rhyme. How do you like yours?!

Pease pudding hot. Pease pudding cold.
Pease pudding in the pot nine days old.
Some like it hot. Some like it cold.
Some like it in the pot nine days old.

mrscullen said:
Mmmmm pease pudding and ham in a stottie :) i miss living in whitley bay!!

I would kill to have some stottie down here! OH is originally from Durham/Sunderland way and I love eating stottie when we go up to visit. Yum!!

Felix said:
I would kill to have some stottie down here! OH is originally from Durham/Sunderland way and I love eating stottie when we go up to visit. Yum!!

Tell me about it - not a stottie in sight here in brum :(( My dad and his family are all from Whitley Bay, lived there when we were younger and i miss the food so much! Must go back to visit soon!!

Pease pudding is a free green food too people.

Bunny I can't believe you have never had it!

joclairey said:
Pease pudding is a free green food too people.

Bunny I can't believe you have never had it!

Neither can I?? It looks the sort if food my Victorian grandmother would have dished up really, but maybe not as it was in a tin, can't remember there being many tins about her home. Definitely never had it from my Mums Mum either, and I'm guessing my Mothers never had it aged 65 ;) I loved it :) Thanks for telling me about it x

Never tried pease pudding but quite tempted to now! x

icklerockchick said:
Never tried pease pudding but quite tempted to now! x

The pictures on the tin have it spread on crackers, like some sort of pâté. I bet it's love,y with ham or gammon. I was just hungry and curious lol.

It's meant to be served with ham Bunny ;) It's a traditional accompiment to ham up here :) The real stuff is nicer than the tinned, but the tinned stuff is fine too

I am veggie so won't be eating it with ham but might just try spreading it on stuff! :) x

joclairey said:
It's meant to be served with ham Bunny ;) It's a traditional accompiment to ham up here :) The real stuff is nicer than the tinned, but the tinned stuff is fine too

I need to come to your Mums for tea for the real stuff then? Lol ;) so classy, pease pudding pitta :)

Curiousss so is it like lentils boiled up in stock?

LOL My Mum is a Suvvener Bunny :) Moved up here in the 70's before I was a twinkle in me Dad's eye!

<3 Pease pudding!

My granddad used to run a shop in Carrville just outside Durham city (think Open All Hours!), with a meat counter at the back, I always used to get a ham and pease pudding sandwich when I came to visit, or a savaloy, and then I used to steal Cadbury's mini eggs from the box (they used to sell them loose by weight). Good times!

DAIM BAR MIKADO!! amazing, just tried them and am totally in love. 0.5 syn each I assume (since the rest of the flavours are) x

Jammie Dodgers mini. 20g packet has 4 biscuits. They are only 1 syn each. I can sit down and have 4 biscuits with my tea, which are only 4 syns!

Back