Whats your new SW food discovery??

*Claire-Bear* said:
Mullerlight mint choc

Stick it in the freezer for 4 hours (will be the consistency of hagendaaz)
take a plain cone (1 syn) and spoon in the frozen muller then stick a treat size flake (3.5 syns) on top .... voila a yuuummyyy icecream thatll last you a good half an hour ;)
= 4.5 syns

Mullerlights have always been minging when to they've been in the freezer for me :( is there a knack to it?!

Mullerlights have always been minging when to they've been in the freezer for me :( is there a knack to it?!
The secret is to stir it every hour for the 4 hours, so it freezes everywhere at the same rate and then there is not so many crystals on top.

Just remember that it will never be as creamy as the real thing........if you do not like it, just get yourself the real thing and syn it...........

The secret is to stir it every hour for the 4 hours, so it freezes everywhere at the same rate and then there is not so many crystals on top.

Just remember that it will never be as creamy as the real thing........if you do not like it, just get yourself the real thing and syn it...........

I might give this a go tonight, I tried freezing it before but forgot to stir it and it was horrible. Only have vanilla or orange in, hmmm which to try

Here it is.... syn free lemon curd...

2 large eggs
juice and rind of 1 lemon
2 tbsp Quark
3 tbsp Sweetener

Whisk eggs, lemon juice & rind in a bowl. Place over a pan of simmering water and whisk until thickened.
Remove from heat add quark and whisk till smooth. Put it in the fridge to cool.Yum!
I'm going to try and make a cheesecake with mine when I've made it just syn the digestive base or what about using a few alpen light bars squashed down instead...?? I'll have a go and let you know! , watch this space! Enjoy xx

targetforever said:

2 large eggs
2 tbsp Quark
3 tbsp Sweetener

Whisk eggs, lemon juice & rind in a bowl. Place over a pan of simmering water and whisk until thickened.
Remove from heat add quark and whisk till smooth. Put it in the fridge to cool.Yum!
I'm going to try and make a cheesecake with mine when I've made it just syn the digestive base or what about using a few alpen light bars squashed down instead...?? I'll have a go and let you know! , watch this space! Enjoy xx

That sounds so yummy. Thanks for posting it!

That sounds so yummy. Thanks for posting it!

Just made it, doesn't make much, maybe just over half a takeaway tub, but Couldn't resist having a taste whilst it was still warm...mmm.
I would aim to use it within 3-4 days as it has raw egg and no real sugar to preserve it. Takes about 8-10 minutes to whist till it goes thick, bit of body magic thrown in! lol.

Made this pate at the weekend and it was totally syn free. Got it off the SW website
300g smoked mackerel
125g Quark
1-2 tsp horse radish (I didnt use this as I dont like it)
Throw the mackerel into the food processer and whizz up. Add your quark a bit of pepper for seasoning (hold the salt as the smoked mackerel can be a bit on the salty side). Whizz it up again and there you go a syn free pate/dip.

Have to say it was delicious. Not only did I use it as a dip but I spread it on toast for breakfast and even as part of my lunch for Monday with some salad leaves/tomatoe/baby potatoes.

Will definitely be making it again

michmick said:
I thought smoked mackerel was synned?

It is I've just checked online and it's supposed to be just mackerel but I've bought the smoked one now, it's 2 syns per 100g and they say to use Horseradish relish but I don't know what that is so have got horseradish sauce so when I make it the whole recipe will be 9.0 syns, if it's good I'll find the normal mackerel on the fish counter next time and just syn the horseradish, thanks for sharing x

2 large eggs
2 tbsp Quark
3 tbsp Sweetener

hi targetforever ! have you tried to make a cheesecake yet ?! i'm so impatient to see if it works :p

lunameredith said:
hi targetforever ! have you tried to make a cheesecake yet ?! i'm so impatient to see if it works :p
Making it this weekend ! Had lemon curd as pudding for my lunch today. Yummy! Promise ill let u know by Monday :eek:p

Back