Whats your new SW food discovery??

Did you say it was 0 syns?!

ellierose988 said:
Did you say it was 0 syns?!

Yes, it says so in the new mag, so that's good enough for me!

Its not totally calorie free as they claim but it's low enough to be allowed to call it that.

Yes, it says so in the new mag, so that's good enough for me!

Its not totally calorie free as they claim but it's low enough to be allowed to call it that.

Good stuff! May have to give this a go!

I found it! Not bad, was lovely and refreshing, be good to find diet lime cordial and add that, be good for summer bbq's x

Muller light greek yog with coconut :p well worth 1/2 a syn but very moreish

Tesco Light choices chicken in Tomato and Basil sauce?

Hey guys,
Wondered if anyones tried it, amazing as its only half a syn! got in the oven as we speak going to serve it up with some boiled potatos and baby sweet corn!

1syn well still that's great !

I have some in the freezer at the mo for emergency no food left days hehe. Have tried them a long time ago and enjoyed them and they are a good quick meal :)

Been to asda this morning and found lots of new things to try :)

Linda Mcartney red onion and rosemary sausages - Free :woohoo:
quorn sweet and sour crispy bites - 12 syns for whole box but wouldnt eat them all at once :)
quorn sticky bbq fillets NEW! - 3 syns each :)
weight watchers sticky toffee puddings - 8.5 syns :D thats not too bad thought would be more
weight watchers garlic petit pans - 8.5 syns :) nom nom its worth it to have proper garlic bread all to myself
weight watchers garlic dough balls - 1.5 syns each oo not bad either :D
batchelors chicken pasta pot shot - 1 syn
sugar free irn bru - Free :D yay

I don't think it tastes like scan bran!

ingredients:
5 Scan Bran
150g grated carrot
5 tsp sweetener
5 tsp mixed spice (with ginger and cinnemon in)
3 beaten eggs.

Method:
Pour hot water over scan bran and let it go soggy. Drain off excess water.
Add the grated carrot, sweetener, mixed spice and eggs and mix it all together.

Put in the microwave for 12 minutes (i do it for 12 and have a 700w microwave) (do not cover the bowl)

I suggest using a sillicone loaf tin. I used a plastic mixing bowl and kept getting a hard top. But my mum used her sillicone dish and comes out a lot nicer!

For the topping, mix some quark (or philly if you have the space syns/healthy extra), and add some sweetener to make some frosting!

Fifth of the cake is 1 syn (if you use 5 scan bran..but you can use 4 and then if would be 1 syn for a quarter).
Or no syns if you use the scan bran as a HE!

Enjoy! Going to go and have a piece of mine now!

Mmm, this looks fantastic, I'm going to give it a go. Stupid question: I don't have a microwave - do you think it would work in an oven, & if so, how long do you think it would take?

I cook mine in the oven for about 20-30 mins at 180

Got to say my favourite snack that i found out is the sugar free marshmallows from sainsburys there 7 syns for the whole bag! and theres loads in there. Really good for when you want something to snack on and you want it sweet. I often get them for the cinema as well so i don't feel left out! hehe.

I love chocolate its the one thing i find hard to give up i crave it, i used to mix options with fromage frais but recently i've started having the chocolate and caramel shape yoghurts i think from what i remember there about 5.5 syns which i know sounds alot but if you really really need chocolate there ace and there very low fat too.

Back