Whats your new SW food discovery??

kimy27 said:
I was really craving some fried rice and curried onion out of the chinese the other night. Instead I decided to make a packet of Batchelors beef savoury rice (0 syns) and mixed in some Mayflower curry sauce (very low in syns). I fried some onions in fry lite and added that too. It was delicious :)

Where do you get mayflower curry sauce from never heard of it. :)

So it turns out the curry sauce isn't as low syn as I thought :( I thought it was 4 syns per 100 grams of powder but its actually 4 syns per 100 grams of made up sauce.

I guess it's still better than having a take away though lol.

Dominion sugar free sweets from Aldi. Clear fruits (lemon, orange + blackcurrant mix) are 5 syns a box + stawberries + cream flavour + butterscotch flavour are 6 syns a box. Well worth it!!

Co Operative eat in British Elmwood chicken breast with tomato and chorizo

Went to the co op and this was in with the reduced items and it was EE 1/2 syn red 1/2 syn and green 11.5 syns (per breast) and it was really tasty. Shared it with my son but had I known it was only 1/2 syn would have eaten the both breasts!!!

I was really craving some fried rice and curried onion out of the chinese the other night. Instead I decided to make a packet of Batchelors beef savoury rice (0 syns) and mixed in some Mayflower curry sauce (very low in syns). I fried some onions in fry lite and added that too. It was delicious :)

I think this sounds yum. I'm going to try this out later for tea. Thanks for the idea.

Bernie x

Being a savoury person, i attempted last night to make the scan bran scotch eggs with the tescos low syn sausages for the first time and i must say they were lovely. I'm making some more today.....mmm

Bernie x

Tesco Value Chunky Tikka Chicken, free on EE and Red, is proper tasty and filling with a salad or some rice. Really quick and easy and not too expensive, i like to have some in the fridge so I can make a quick snack with it with some cucumber or somethin, when my kids are eating their dinner so I am not picking at their fish fingers ;)

Coconut muller Greek are my current fav and recipe wise Chinese style salt n pepper chips! Yum :)

hi everybody, i'm in need of some advice.. i would like to try the sw recipe, salmon parcels with noodles and veg, for those who havent got that recipe, they cook the salmon with a tsp of honey , some soy sauce and fresh chillies.. my question is do you think it would taste ok if i used white fish instead ? :confused:

Hiya Lunameredith,

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to tweek the recipe to use white fish. I'm always swapping things in recipes especially fish and meats. I guess theres only one way to find out and hopefully it will work. The recipe sounds really nice, Could you post that recipe for me please.

If you do swap the fish please let us know how it was.

Good luck
Bernie x

information

Serves: 4
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Syns per serving:
bullet-amazing-support.gif

ingredients

4 salmon fillets, skinless & boneless
4 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp honey
2 tsp fresh chilli
4 pak choi leaves
4 servings of dried noodles

To Serve
Stir fry vegetables of your choice

method

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Put half a tsp of soy sauce on each salmon fillet and rub in, then half a tsp of honey and half a tsp of the chilli on each of the salmon fillets too. Place the salmon on top of the pak choi and wrap them up in an individual tin foil squares.
2. Place in the oven and cook for around 15 minutes (or until the salmon is cooked through).
3. While the salmon is in the oven, prepare and stir fry your vegetables, and keep warm.
4. When the salmon is nearly ready, cook the noodles as per packet instructions, then drain thoroughly and place one portion on a warmed serving plate and do the same with the other three portions of noodles.
5. Remove the salmon portions and the pak choi leaves, and place on top of the noodles and serve immediately with the stir fry vegetables on the side.

there. straight from the sw website ;).. i will use white fish for tea and see what happens.. i will also add peppers, baby corn, a couple of grated carrots and broccoli, to the noodles.

My other half made this for me coming in from class last night & it was lovely but he used EL mince instead of Quorn so I used HEx's and syns. The topping was amazing, def be making again would use the topping on other meals aswell :)

[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif]info
[/FONT]Serves: 6
Prep time: 10
Cook time: 75
Syns per serving:
bullet-amazing-support.gif
bullet-root.gif
bullet-healthy-eating.gif

ingredients
1 medium onion
1 garlic clove
426ml/¾ pt vegetable stock
1tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cinnamon
454g/1lb Quorn mince
397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
salt and freshly ground black pepper
227g/8oz macaroni or other similar pasta
340g/12oz fat free natural fromage frais
2 medium eggs, beaten
4 level tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese

method
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic and place in a saucepan along with 142ml/¼ pt of the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the oregano, cinnamon, Quorn mince, tomatoes and remaining stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Season well.
3. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the macaroni for 10-12 minutes until just tender. Drain well and mix into the Quorn mince. Pile into an ovenproof dish and place on a baking sheet.
4. Mix the fromage frais with the eggs and some seasoning and spoon over the top of the Quorn and macaroni. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake for 50 minutes until the topping is set and lightly golden. Stand for 10 minutes before serving accompanied by a crisp salad

Back