Whats your new SW food discovery??

Galaxy flutes. Only 5 and half syns for pack of 2., They're lovely and just right for a chocolate fix.
ooohh only 5 had one after weigh-in last week bud didn't count it :eek:
Thanks they are lush

Latest discovery is linda mcartney italian sausages! 1/2 syn each and they are lovely they've got bits of peppers in them and cheese. Really wanted to try the quorn red leicester and sundried tomato but can't find them anywhere

Butter buds from lakelands, really missing butter so these are great for me

I got these from Ebay and wow, put them on baby tatties and it somehow makes the full tattie taste buttery - I would recommend getting some of these!!!

Tesco Value Chunky Tikka Chicken, free on EE and Red, is proper tasty and filling with a salad or some rice. Really quick and easy and not too expensive, i like to have some in the fridge so I can make a quick snack with it with some cucumber or somethin, when my kids are eating their dinner so I am not picking at their fish fingers ;)

Is that chilled or frozen? I love the flavoured chicken pieces but they can be expensive

syn free egg custard discovered a couple of days ago on this site and great when you need something sweet.

Just can't get this to bake right either curdles or over cooks what is your recipe? x

lyndawood1958 said:
Just can't get this to bake right either curdles or over cooks what is your recipe? x

Do you cook it in a Bain Marie?

Do you cook it in a Bain Marie?

Yes it's a shame cos this is one of my comfort foods. The Apple Betty on the SW web site is very close to baked custard if anyone wants to try it
[h=3]Apple Betty[/h][h=3]Ingredients[/h]340g/12oz eating apples - You don't count the cooked apples cos they are still crisp on pulp
57g/2oz sultanas - Didn't use these as they are the only thing synned it's fine without
8 eggs
42g artificial sweetner
2 tsp vanilla essence
250g/9oz vanilla Mullerlight yoghurt
pinch of cinnamon
[h=3]Method[/h]1. Peel, core and slice the apples. Place into a flan dish and sprinkle on the sultanas.
2. Beat the eggs with the artificial sweetener and vanilla essence. Add the Mullerlight yogurt and beat again.
3. Pour over the apples and sultanas (allowing the mixture to sink) and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook in a moderate oven 190°C/Gas Mark 5 until set approximately
30 minutes.

lyndawood1958 said:
Yes it's a shame cos this is one of my comfort foods. The Apple Betty on the SW web site is very close to baked custard if anyone wants to try it
[h=3]Apple Betty[/h][h=3]Ingredients[/h]340g/12oz eating apples - You don't count the cooked apples cos they are still crisp on pulp
57g/2oz sultanas - Didn't use these as they are the only thing synned it's fine without
8 eggs
42g artificial sweetner
2 tsp vanilla essence
250g/9oz vanilla Mullerlight yoghurt
pinch of cinnamon
[h=3]Method[/h]1. Peel, core and slice the apples. Place into a flan dish and sprinkle on the sultanas.
2. Beat the eggs with the artificial sweetener and vanilla essence. Add the Mullerlight yogurt and beat again.
3. Pour over the apples and sultanas (allowing the mixture to sink) and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook in a moderate oven 190°C/Gas Mark 5 until set approximately
30 minutes.

Oh I don't know then :/ maybe your oven is a bit more powerful so on a lower heat? The apple thing sounds yummy :)

Sorry posted too soon. Whisk the eggs,sweetener and yogurt together. Divide into 6 muffin tins, sprinkle with nutmeg and bake at 180 for 25 mins. They do tend to go a bit out of shape as they cool but taste good!

Butter buds from lakelands, really missing butter so these are great for me

Hi, sorry if a dumb question I'm new here :ashamed0005:, are these syn free, as i've seen them in Lakeland but never ever bought them? I bet they'd be great on all the free veg.

cup-cake said:
Hi, sorry if a dumb question I'm new here :ashamed0005:, are these syn free, as i've seen them in Lakeland but never ever bought them? I bet they'd be great on all the free veg.

1/2 syn per sachet. X

I bought a Graze box, oh my God...... it's delicious! I had the light box so everything is fairly low cal/Syn. Well worth the money, if anyone wants one PM me I've got four vouchers so you get a free box and £1 gets donated to charity x

Morrisons onion chutney on dairylea and ryvita ;) I'm syn it 1.5 per tbsp. not sure if it's 1 or 1.5

Attachments

• image-3324759580.jpg
    image-3324759580.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 155
i re-joined after they sent me a survey to fill out and offered me 3 half price boxes to come back.... im a sucker for a deal so i started my deliveries up again. i'm expecting the 2nd one on Friday. last Fridays one had toffee apple in and apple crumble. they were well yummy. :)

aaaaan i get the light boxes now so they only send me the ones between 54 & 146 calories so the most they will be is 6 syns. maybe 6.5 if i count the extra 6 calories as half. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back