Whats your new SW food discovery??

Just discovered that the multipack bags of cadburys mini fingers are 5.5 syns for the milk choc ones and and 5 syns for the toffee crunch ones, this is my current fave for a sweet treat, as the toffee ones are really quite sweet and sickly so really curbs that sweet craving and cos I've had a whole bag (albeit a small bag hehe) it feels like I have had a proper treat! Really recommend for evening sweet cravings with a cuppa! ;)

Salt and vinegar velvet crunch, bought some yesterday for the first time :) usually buy cheddar and spring onion!

really boring but rocket dressed with just lemon juice is a fabulous flavour combation. I love I have changed the way I eat, love getting my fresh organic veg box and fiding exciting recipes... even been inspired to concider going vegan....a whole new me :)

rocky road hifis... O M G

I love cheese too, ssooooo gooood and so bad :-( Had to do some cheese on toast for my OH today, so hard to resist but glad I did.

livvib said:
I love cheese too, ssooooo gooood and so bad :-( Had to do some cheese on toast for my OH today, so hard to resist but glad I did.

It will get easier, then it will seem normal, and it's good you aren't avoiding situations, you're learning to bypass them :) i have to feed Mr and teen boys, I make Sons egg sandwiches every night, my old favourite ;) well done x

cheese is my favourite food i have it with everything or should i say had it with everything i still take it in a bun to work occasionally.....i wld far rather have that than chocolate

I tried my vegan cheese for the first time yesterday and it was vile :( I can live without cheese uncooked so im hoping sprinkled on pizza etc and cooked it tastes better :cry:

really boring but rocket dressed with just lemon juice is a fabulous flavour combation. I love I have changed the way I eat, love getting my fresh organic veg box and fiding exciting recipes... even been inspired to concider going vegan....a whole new me :)

Vegan? Wow I couldn't go that far lol I am about 80% vegetarian though these days lol

I do know someone who is vegan, I've seen her posting pictures on facebook of tofu pizza? Maybe she uses that instead of cheese lol but I've never tried tofu.

tofu doesnt taste like cheese lol....although I think only cheese tastes like cheese. I am prob the same as you but after doing my research Im going to be transfering to vegan over a month or so... I don't eat dairy anyway now :)

No but I think she maybe uses it as a substitute like some sort of filler? Lol so the topping doesn't look quite so empty? I dunoooo I don't think I could give up dairy lol tried that almond milk and it seperated in my coffee :(

Rochelle1 said:
No but I think she maybe uses it as a substitute like some sort of filler? Lol so the topping doesn't look quite so empty? I dunoooo I don't think I could give up dairy lol tried that almond milk and it seperated in my coffee :([/QUOTE

Ha yeah..... Heard of ppl using hummus...mmmm! Think dairy sub milks taste ok in coffee...but not tea :/ chocolate soya/kara coconut or chocolate oat milk is nice though..ESP in porridge mmmmm!

Rochelle1 said:
No but I think she maybe uses it as a substitute like some sort of filler? Lol so the topping doesn't look quite so empty? I dunoooo I don't think I could give up dairy lol tried that almond milk and it seperated in my coffee :([/QUOTE

Ha yeah..... Heard of ppl using hummus...mmmm! Think dairy sub milks taste ok in coffee...but not tea :/ chocolate soya/kara coconut or chocolate oat milk is nice though..ESP in porridge mmmmm!

Which choc milks can I have as a hexa then? Was eyeing up the kara one in tesco but couldn't find it on the healthy extras online :(

Just had quorn for the first time, used mince to make chilli con carne, pic attached. Topped it off with fresh chopped coriander, another first for me, loved it and I have 2 more portions in the fridge!

Attachments

• image-3100625562.jpg
    image-3100625562.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 138
Ive just done a little experiment, I made 'smash croquettes' and 'smash bites' as i have called the smaller ones i made. Was a little hungry and decided to make up half a pack of smash with water as normal, i added salt & pepper and paprika but you could add what ever herbs to taste maybe chives onion garlic chilli etc to flavour it, then i remembered the potato croquettes i had as a child so i sprayed a tray with frylight, turned the oven on high and shaped the smash into croquette shapes (think bales of hay if you dont know what these are) and smaller round bites then sprayed the top with frylight and baked for 10 mins for smaller bites and 15 mins for the bigger ones. I had mine with Ketchup but you could use any SW friendly dip, hummous salsa etc or you could have as part of your dinner instead of chips. They were Yummy! My toddler even liked them:D

Back