Whats your new SW food discovery??

Ophelia105 said:
Velvet Crunch Thai Chilli always make me cough! The CHoc fudge alpens can often be found in pound land or B&M Bargains

They choke me too!

Husband discovered the buttery fry light sprayed on your cooked potatoes does taste like butter. Free and it's suitable for vegans so a butter sub for anybody diary-free :)

I haven't seen Buttery Fry Light before but that might be because I haven't been looking for it. If I can find it I'll definitely give it a go!

hurleymurley said:
I haven't seen Buttery Fry Light before but that might be because I haven't been looking for it. If I can find it I'll definitely give it a go!

It's with the others, think its for frying but smells like butter wen cooking and does Taste like it too :)

Apparently Sriracha hot sauce, sauce of the gods is 1/2 a syn per tsp, anyone had this and can confirm?

Half the price - and just as nutritious

Hi, I often choose items in Tesco from their "Healthy Options" range - just recently though, they have introduced an "Everyday Value" range, and I've checked the NV out:
Salad cream - all nutritional values exactly the same - H/O £1.29 - EV 50p
Cottage Cheese with pineapple - all nutritional values lower on EV @ 69p - H/O £1.20

It's worth checking this out
Tina

Aren't these just the more aesthetically pleasing labels that used to be the old red & blue Tesco Value range? .I bought them before (some of them anyway) but do prefer the newer label.

I always buy the every day value brand in Tesco... there's absolutely no difference in taste or anything.

I helped out a friend who was doing a comparison taste testing of Nutella and the equivalent Morrisons spread which is MUCH cheaper (well, you have to help a friend in need, don't you???). The conclusion - they both tasted nice, but different. The Morrisons one tasted more of hazlenuts, the Nutella was a much better texture. Neither was as nice as the Green and Blacks version but sadly I haven't been able to find that in the shops for ages.

I buy Value on things like tomatoes, beans (my family prefer them), but not Mushy Peas cos they taste bitter. I buy value choc digestives for son and hubby, son prefers the dark choc value to mcvities as they have more crunch.

However I won't buy value on tea or coffee or cereal. Tried them and they are rank!
The value tin foil is better than branded BTW

Also isn't Tesco's 'Oak Lane' a value brand in disguise? I will always buy them the marmalades are fab in particular.

I buy value tomatoes to go in recipes, but can't eat them on their own as they are mostly juice!

Value cottage cheese is way too watery for me. Value cereal and tea and coffee taste like floor sweepings! I buy value bleach, food bags, tin foil and cling film etc

I'm not a snob (well not much) but the Tesco Value food range just isn't as good taste wise as Tesco own brand, in my opinion.

One thing which is really good though, is the value turkey legs (if you can get them). Make a fantastic curry!

I will also buy value toms FRESH veg like carrots onions etc so long as they look nice, I will often get value chicken breasts for curry but will never buy processed meat such as burgers mince or sausages! Oh there curry sauce makes a good base to add your own stuff to as well and only 7p a tin (well it used to be)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I will also buy value toms FRESH veg like carrots onions etc so long as they look nice, I will often get value chicken breasts for curry but will never buy processed meat such as burgers mince or sausages! Oh there curry sauce makes a good base to add your own stuff to as well and only 7p a tin (well it used to be)

The curry sauce is 17.5 syns a can! Just in case people think it's SW friendly :D

jaylou said:
The curry sauce is 17.5 syns a can! Just in case people think it's SW friendly :D

Yeah sorry I should have said PRE SW!

Back