Whats your new SW food discovery??

I find thevalue chicken breasts are good value - if you are cutting them into bite size pieces for a recipe - otherwise they are very large, but nice flavour.
Also their chilled turkey breast pieces, odd shapes, but ideal for cooking in a sauce (in bite size pieces) or as you buy them on a barbecue

I buy Value on things like tomatoes, beans (my family prefer them), but not Mushy Peas cos they taste bitter. I buy value choc digestives for son and hubby, son prefers the dark choc value to mcvities as they have more crunch.

However I won't buy value on tea or coffee or cereal. Tried them and they are rank!
The value tin foil is better than branded BTW

Also isn't Tesco's 'Oak Lane' a value brand in disguise? I will always buy them the marmalades are fab in particular.

I am addicted to Tesco's own brand basic coffee, it is chocolate heaven! :D I wont touch the poash, extortionate, bitter stuff!
Yeah the Oak Lane thing, I keep wondering why that stuff is cheaper than Tesco's own brand :confused: It must belong to them, I buy whatever is cheapest on almost everything, they all taste the same, its all just a different pretty label at the end of the day.

Except tomatoes! And quite a bit of fresh stuff. I dont eat much meat so that problem doesnt come up very often, so I usually get the nice stuff if I can.

Just remembered another good one... value smoked salmon bits, very nice for scrambled eggs, pasta or risotto.

jaylou said:
Just remembered another good one... value smoked salmon bits, very nice for scrambled eggs, pasta or risotto.

Yea and that's reminded me their pack of salmon fillets are good!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I boiled the potatoes for 5 mins but them in a big roasting tray. Made up the stock cube with boiling water as directed. Poured it into the tray so the potato are covered half way up. Then spray quite a bit of fry light on the tops of the potato sticking out. Put on 180 and cook for about 50 mins to and hour. They soak up all the stock so the inside is sooo juicy and fluffy and the outside is very crispy. I used beef stock so they tasted a bit beefy too! X

rosierose15 said:
I boiled the potatoes for 5 mins but them in a big roasting tray. Made up the stock cube with boiling water as directed. Poured it into the tray so the potato are covered half way up. Then spray quite a bit of fry light on the tops of the potato sticking out. Put on 180 and cook for about 50 mins to and hour. They soak up all the stock so the inside is sooo juicy and fluffy and the outside is very crispy. I used beef stock so they tasted a bit beefy too! X

Oooooo sounds yummy!!! Thanks :)

Ryvita minis (sweet chilli) HEXB with HEXA of Philly to dip! so so good!

rosierose15 said:

I'll definitely be trying this at the weekend. Sounds amazing!

My new fave snack

I usually save my HE for the evening to save me snacking on rubbish. I've just tried the Dorset seriously nutty cereal (30g) mixed with muller light Greek yoghurt coconut (1/2 Syn) and its really nice. Works well for breakfast too

Thought I'd share :)

Sounds lovely! I love yogurt and cereal - my weekend breakfast of choice is 2 HEXB's worth of shreddies, plain fat free yogurt and a teaspoon of honey :D

rosierose15 said:

Am just about to try these out for dinner - they sound gorgeous!

Huffpot said:
Am just about to try these out for dinner - they sound gorgeous!

Let me kno what u think. Also I need to add when u drain the pots shake them up quite a bit so the outsides go mushy that's what helps them crisp. X

Back