Whats your new SW food discovery??

start making cakes and stuff with it of course it would need to be syned, its not part of a main meal.

Do you think you could use that instead of porridge to make Magic Cous Cous? Would the Muller soak into it enough overnight to soften it enough to eat? This could be an idea to try when I get home from holiday!!!!

Now i'm really confused, some of you say couscous is ok and some say it's synned? Im on green and it says it's ok in the book. I didn't weigh it yesterday now I dont know how I should syn it. Was breakfast ok coz it was a meal with the superfree? I started with about 1/2 a mugfull. I know perhaps I should have weighed it but in the book it says I don't have to. The pudding that I created had 1 tablespoon of the couscous and scanbran mixture (scanbran already synned) in each one, that was left from breakfast. ww Jelly that was 1/2 syn and topped with ff yog

I was really proud of myself for fitting in with a family party yesterday and sticking to plan but now I don't know whether i'm coming or going.Somebody on green help please. Is there somewhere I can write yesterdays diary so it can be checked?:confused:

skippyhoppy said:
Now i'm really confused, some of you say couscous is ok and some say it's synned? Im on green and it says it's ok in the book. I didn't weigh it yesterday now I dont know how I should syn it. Was breakfast ok coz it was a meal with the superfree? I started with about 1/2 a mugfull. I know perhaps I should have weighed it but in the book it says I don't have to. The pudding that I created had 1 tablespoon of the couscous and scanbran mixture (scanbran already synned) in each one, that was left from breakfast. ww Jelly that was 1/2 syn and topped with ff yog

I was really proud of myself for fitting in with a family party yesterday and sticking to plan but now I don't know whether i'm coming or going.Somebody on green help please. Is there somewhere I can write yesterdays diary so it can be checked?:confused:

COuscous is fine if eaten as intended with superfree, however when eaten as a cake/cheesecake so that the ingredient is now being used in a different way then it's not free to be eaten whenever hungry!
Same with pasta and sauce quiche, curry loaf etc,
HOWEVER of you are eating a small portion with your 1/3 superfree as part of a meal then it should be ok.

I'm fairly new to sw and still learning, sorry. So I didn't blow yesterday out of the water then? I had 3 syns left at the end of the day and was kind of hoping that would cover what I ate when I discovered that i'd messed up. I'm now beginning to hate couscous!

skippyhoppy said:
I'm fairly new to sw and still learning, sorry. So I didn't blow yesterday out of the water then? I had 3 syns left at the end of the day and was kind of hoping that would cover what I ate when I discovered that i'd messed up. I'm now beginning to hate couscous!

No see if you had a normal portion that's fine. Some if us have no self control and we'd scoff the lot every day saying 'well its free!' then moan that SW doesn't work!

The way I see it is... If it were a normal cake/pudding whatever would it be acceptable to eat it all?

You wouldn't eat a whole cake, no. I get your drift now, takes a while ha ha! Thanks for clearing all that up.
Just so you know i'm having all bran with fruit for breakfast today, not going to have all that stress again...back to normal.

its just about using your common sense (which you sound like you do have ;) some people think it ok to abuse the 'free' food but its just about eating lower fat/kcal food with a higher density til you are satisfied which leave you full longer. in saying that dont get too hung up on it and enjoy the plan. Long time ago ppl on green would make their own crisps and it was classed as food abuse as you wouldnt usually outside a meal sit and eat a load of spuds... increasing your kcal intake when you are prob not even hungry :)

Thanks K. I suppose going back to everything in moderation and don't stuff yourself, just eat until comfortable.

The thing I have issues with is that I don't have 3 set meals. I find it impossible to stick to that so I have been making superfree soup and having a bit now and a bit later like half a mugfull at a time. It's not fruit but it is superfree apart from the handfull of splitpeas to a pan full. I make and leave in the fridge. I'd rather that than eating too much fruit. I find its too sweet sometimes.

A typical day would be cereal with yogurt and fruit. Milk for tea and coffee. 2 cups of soup with 2 rye ryvitas each time or sandwiches half at lunchtime then half about 3pm. Fruit if hungry. Then the rest of my hexa for tea with some syns and syns to snack later on.

Yes I have seen those crisps. If I made them then I would prob make a nice dip and have them at lunchtime not something I would pig on all day. Agreed, thats abuse of sw

I'm trying not to get too hung up about it was just a bit confused really.

BTW couscous for breakfast is fine no different to potatoes! I meant just be aware with the cake recipes etc xxxx

Thats a good bargain Grae, are you getting one? Let us know how the ice cream works out:)

Oo I want one!!xx

Just bought a ice cream maker .... It's fab nom nom x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

SW garlic mayo I made last night for 1 syn (2 tbspn lighter than light mayo, water, lemon juice, crushed garlic (I used a clove, think half would be enough) and a bit of Greek yog. Keep tasting and adjusting til it's right. Delish!

Wow! I'm loving all these fantastic ideas! :D So glad that I stumbled upon Minimins!

I'm just back on Slimming World, and have discovered the new Chef's Selection Quorn sausages. I think these are divine! I know they now have syns but i'm finding i don't care that much. Happy to 'pay' for them. Yumm!

Back