Whats your new SW food discovery??

Don't know if its a new discovery but its new to me lol had some pepsi max cherry and its lovely

Don't know if its a new discovery but its new to me lol had some pepsi max cherry and its lovely

OMG I drank a full bottle Saturday with some vodka.... My new fav drink xx

I've finally tracked down some Kerry Low Low spread in a tub - so I bought 2! However, I have no idea what to do with it or what its syn value is - any suggestions?

I know that 60g of any variety of this Low Low spread can be used as a Healthy Extra A (and it's a monstrous amount). I think it's 3 syns for 28g if you're not having it as a HEX A (though I can't be 100% certain). In my experience, have it cool and spread on something like ryvita, OR put it inside SW chicken kievs. I personally advise against heating it up and putting it in pasta because it seems to lose all of its flavour when it's warmed up too much.

What I know for a fact is that the pepper and chilli flavour is to die for. Happy eating!

haven't made them yet... but i've found a recipe to make turkish delight.. well a mock version, please tell me that rose water is free on sw?

haven't made them yet... but i've found a recipe to make turkish delight.. well a mock version, please tell me that rose water is free on sw?

Ooo, that's exciting! What's the recipe?

Rose Water doesn't have any calories - and it's just water that roses have been soaking in, right? - so I'm 99.9% sure it'd be free, but it doesn't come up on the SW site, so I wouldn't stake my life on it!

it uses a jelly mix, so technically for a whole tray it would be 1.5 syns.. il be buying the ingredients next thursday! exciting!

Turkish Delightish
1 pkt strawberry or raspberry diet jelly
1 tbs Gelatine
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold water
1 1/2 tsp rosewater.
Mix gelatine and jelly together, add boiling water and stir until disolved.
Add cold water (so you dont evaporate your essence) and rosewater.
Pour into a square container and set in fridge.
Cut into cubes and serve.

I just hope it gives me that lovely turkish delight flavour!! x

suppose you could use a lemon jelly too.. and make 1 tray of each colour, and then depending on how cheeky your feeling you could sprinkle some icing sugar on, (synned obvs) but then you would have lemon and rose turkish delight, just like you get in the boxes! :D

Party/wedding/gift bags?

Lets hope it works hehe x

I know that 60g of any variety of this Low Low spread can be used as a Healthy Extra A (and it's a monstrous amount). I think it's 3 syns for 28g if you're not having it as a HEX A (though I can't be 100% certain). In my experience, have it cool and spread on something like ryvita, OR put it inside SW chicken kievs. I personally advise against heating it up and putting it in pasta because it seems to lose all of its flavour when it's warmed up too much.

What I know for a fact is that the pepper and chilli flavour is to die for. Happy eating!

Just saw your answer - thank you! Looking forward o trying it :)

it uses a jelly mix, so technically for a whole tray it would be 1.5 syns.. il be buying the ingredients next thursday! exciting!

Turkish Delightish
1 pkt strawberry or raspberry diet jelly
1 tbs Gelatine
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold water
1 1/2 tsp rosewater.
Mix gelatine and jelly together, add boiling water and stir until disolved.
Add cold water (so you dont evaporate your essence) and rosewater.
Pour into a square container and set in fridge.
Cut into cubes and serve.

I just hope it gives me that lovely turkish delight flavour!! x

I have this in the fridge at the moment - can't wait to see what it tastes like! Is it 1 1/2 syns for the sugar free jelly crystals then? x

Back