When Can I Start LT Again???

XxAbbiexX23

Dieting & Mummy To Ethan
Hi everyone,

I had my baby son just over 5 weeks ago and after falling pregnant whilst on LT, it was always my intention to go back on it once I'd given birth and recovered etc.

My question is, how soon can I go back on it as I want to start doing the diet again ASAP as I'm struggling on that slope of eating everything in my path again and as I can't exercise at the moment, I feel like a whale.

I loved the diet, it kept me focused and I ate healthy as I could when pregnant but seem to have lost that focus since giving birth and want to get it back.

Any ideas how soon I can start again??

xxx

Thanks Amanda :) xxx

Hey abs. Congrats on baby Ethan :)

Your best bet is to contact LT directly.
Im assuming if you're not breastfeeding you'd be ok to start asap but if you are breastfeeding them im sure its a big no no.

hey tanya, thanks hun.

Not breastfeeding so have no worries about re-starting on that front, it's just being safe and making sure I'm doing things by the book. :)

Will contact LT directly tomorrow as you suggested and see what they say :)

How are you getting on? xx

Would contacting your pharmacy do the trick. They should know. I do know that most slimmimg clubs won't let you rejoin until you are 6 weeks post delivery as this is how long it takes your body to revert back to it's pre-pregnancy state (ie your uterus and hormone production etc is back to it's pre-pregnant state). I would guess that LT has a very similar policy but the trained pharmacy people should know and it might be quicker to get a response from them than LT people in America.
Hope thats useful to you.
xxx

P.S. congrats on your very beautiful little boy.

Im doing good thanks chick. Its a hard feat trying to maintain but getting there :)

I can't see why you can't just start then chick :) Aslong as your bp etc is all fine then i reckon you're good to go! Let me know what LT say x

Hi Abbie, I remember you when I was doing LT last year.

Congratulations on Ethan, he's lovely! Hope being a mummy is everything you dreamed it would be.

Good luck with restarting, let us know how you get on.

You will need to wait until at least after your 6week check. It takes 6 wees for hormones in the body to revert to pre-pregnancy levels plus you will need to ensure that your uterus has returned to pre-pregnancy size.

From a medical point I would be surprised if any pharmacy allowed someone to do LT prior to 6weeks post-partum and I'd say you will prob be told to wait til 12weeks by LT and your GP....

Good luck,

Well done on your beautiful baby boy. Best wishes for your restart but don't be in a hurry take the time to recover first.

Hi all,

Well I phoned LT today and I asked them when I'd be able to start back on the diet again, and they said that as I'd had a natural birth and pending that my 6 week post natal check comes back fine, I can start as and when I want from then.
They advise 3 months if you've had a C-Section, so it was handy for me to find out both bits of information.

Thanks for all your advice and lovely comments. :)

Looking forward to being back on the board and my journey to hopefully cracking my weight loss for good. xx

good luck dear, welcome back on the lipotrim train! (congrats on your baby boy!)

Back