When did everyone notice a size difference?

kellymarie3488

Silver Member
I've lost 1stone 13lbs so far but still not gone down a size :( hope I've not got to wait much longer. What's the average (I understand the first 8lbs is mostly water) x

I took a while for my first size, mainly as when I was bigger I would always squeeze myself into the lower size as a form of denial :cry:, so while I may have been in size 20 clothes, really I was a size 22. Then as you lose weight quickly I tried to avoid buying loads of clothes as I knew they wouldn't fit for long. Once I started getting smaller though it was almost a size per stone.

Hey. I was he same. Squeezing into size 22 flexible trousers which were probably a size 24+ when thy had stretched. It was about 2 stone before I was in 20s and hey were tight. I'm now in quite comfortable 18s but that's nearly 4 stone down.

I've found that as I've yo-yo'd back and forth between about 12 and 15 stones over the years I've stayed between a 16 and 18 on the bottoms but changed dramatically between a 14 and a 22 on top! I put it all on/take it off on my tummy and boobs. So I've only got a few pairs of jeans in the wardrobe, but I've got tops in about 6 different sizes :D I'm hoping to finally break the cycle this time - maybe if I get down to goal this time my sizes will even out a bit!

I've lost 8/9 lbs so far and no size change. I'm going on the theory of 1 size per stone lost.
I'm hoping to go from a 20 on the bottom to a 12 over the course of my weightloss.

I've gone from 16st 7 to 14st 8 and my clothes feel looser but still a can't even squeeze into my 14 bottoms :( suppose ill just have to keep trying them on weekly x

I've lost 4 stone and gone down about 2 or 3 sizes......I took about 2 stone before I dropped the first size. Xx

I've lost 3 and a half stone and haven't dropped a dress size yet :( My clothes are certainly obviously looser however I'm not a 14 yet. Not sure what's going on but it better happen soon!

Frustrating isn't it :( ah well soldier on :) it WILL happen x

Aaargh Quiff I'm so frustrated for you! Only silver lining I can think of is that it hasn't cost you a fortune in new clothes yet! I wonder if we'll all start shrinking a bit as the weather cools? I'm about 12lbs down but everything feels tighter on me than normal in this sticky heat.

Well I suppose I you are right I haven't had to spend loads of money on clothes yet! I did try some size 14 trousers I have lurking in the back of my wardrobe the other night... they fit! I'm not getting too excited, I've got a size 14 denim skirt that doesn't meet in the middle, but I now have faith that it will in time.
And today I went window shopping, it was so nice to walk into shops, look at items of clothing and think "ooh that's nice, I'd fit in that" instead of not bothering to look as I know it'd look hideous. Stick with it ladies :D

Lost almost 3 stone on this and gone from a large 14 to a 12 on the bottom and roughly a 16 on top to a 12. I seem to go down sizes really gradually though. I've lost over 6 stone in total and was an 18 on the bottom and 20 on the top at my largest.

Back