When to get new clothes?

I have a wedding, and engagement party in July and want to biuy new dresses for both. Question is- what size so I buy?? I am in a size 18 (just at present) and based on my current 1.5lb a week loss in 12 weeks I should have lost about another 18 lbs. I can't wait till july to buy the dresses as they will have probably put all their autumn stuff in by then! Do I buy a size 16 now to slim into or am I being unrealistic? I have dropped from a fairly comfortable size 22 to a fit into most size 18s with a 20lb weight loss so far.

I think in July you would be able to buy a summery dress. If not, you could always look on eBay? xxx

I bought mine each week - from 17.5 stone to 11st was quite a few changes. A couple of suits too!! Most one once, twice at most lol.

Good job they were cheap.

I think now I'm stabilised. So should get full use out of purchases.

Steve

I am planning to buy something new once I get my first half a stone, hopefully next week, nothing mega but something from Primark will do, so long as it fits and then as I progress, just keep topping my wardrobe up, being a goth, buying anything other than casual is not an option, and then I will wait until I have lost a stone before buying investment pieces like a corset or pvc...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I am planning to buy something new once I get my first half a stone, hopefully next week, nothing mega but something from Primark will do, so long as it fits and then as I progress, just keep topping my wardrobe up, being a goth, buying anything other than casual is not an option, and then I will wait until I have lost a stone before buying investment pieces like a corset or pvc...

One of the most heartbreaking things about losing weight so far is that two of my favourite corsets from fairygothmother are now too big to wear. And given they cost me around £100 each I don't want to replace them until I know the new ones will fit forever!

Hang on to them sweetie, you can always have then altered, fairy goth mother do a repair, alter service... Also so does vollers... xx

Back