Where am I going wrong???

Ninja

Silver Member
I joined SW approx 6 months ago and have had steady losses. But for some reason over the last month - 6 wks, my weight loss has really slowed down. I stay the same, put on 0.5 then lose 0.5 then stay the same again. I'm not putting on as such but ever since I reached my club 10 which was 5 wks ago, I've lost a total of 1.5 lbs. I haven't changed anything except to change to EE. So thought I'd go back to green days, then thought I was eating far too much carbs and not enough veg so made an effort to change, but nothing seems to be making a difference. I hate the idea of lowering my syns as I really use them all everyday, either in cooking or as a treat. I weigh and measure all my healthy a & b's so I really am at a loss.

Last week my Co ordinator asked me to fill out a diary which I'll be handing in on Tuesday, but to be honest I've been filling one in on line for weeks anyway.

I'm stumped, has anyone else had this problem, for this long?

Have you tried going back to basics, weighing all your A and B choices etc ? Someone said the other day that even just a mis weigh on your milk can equal 5 syns so its really worth checking that side of things.

Your body needs time to adjust. are you taking measurements as well?

No, I never did start taking measurements from the beginning so I've no idea how many inches I've lost. I wish I had now. All I know is that I've come down 2 dress sizes.

Have you tried going back to basics, weighing all your A and B choices etc ? Someone said the other day that even just a mis weigh on your milk can equal 5 syns so its really worth checking that side of things.

I've always weighed my a's & b's when I can. Of course eating out is a problem but on the whole I always weigh them. Especially my milk.

I haven't lost any weight (in numbers) for a year but I have lost inches. I have a heavy training schedule so my body is changing quite a lot but it's not showing on the scales. Start taking your measurements now and take them every month. It's not always about the scales so don't fret too much about it x

We all go through plateaus as well - which sounds like this might be what's happening in your case. I'm assuming you're having 15 syns a day - I hate to say it but you actually don't have that much to lose to put you in a healthy BMI range (about 25lb). I personally think that you're going to have to either reduce your syns to 10 a day (I had to do that a few months back when I was plateauing) or really look at what you're eating and make sure you're eating loads of superfree foods (yellow pages of book) and not just 'free' foods. Failing that, maybe try a couple of success express days and see if that boosts anything. Also, make sure you're having 7 different B boxes every week - if you're having lots of Hifi or Alpen lights, try a week of having none and choose different Bs. See if that helps.

Why do you suggest having 7 different B's? I have the same ones every day and it makes no difference to me

My C suggests this if you're in a rut or plateauing. It's supposed to boost weight loss as your body gets used to the same things day in and day out. One girl in my class was having 14 Alpen light a week (2 a day for one HEX B) and wasn't losing weight. She stopped having them and switched to different things and lost 2lb the following week.

Well yes, ANY change will give you a boost if you are stuck. The best thing to do really though is drop the Syns slightly

My C suggests this if you're in a rut or plateauing. It's supposed to boost weight loss as your body gets used to the same things day in and day out. One girl in my class was having 14 Alpen light a week (2 a day for one HEX B) and wasn't losing weight. She stopped having them and switched to different things and lost 2lb the following week.

I've heard this too, it's not essential but it really does help to shake things up a bit. Your body does get used to eating the same thing. If things are going okay and you don't need to worry then it's fine but it certainly is something to consider if you have plateaued.

Variety is the spice of life and all that! :)

We all go through plateaus as well - which sounds like this might be what's happening in your case. I'm assuming you're having 15 syns a day - I hate to say it but you actually don't have that much to lose to put you in a healthy BMI range (about 25lb). I personally think that you're going to have to either reduce your syns to 10 a day (I had to do that a few months back when I was plateauing) or really look at what you're eating and make sure you're eating loads of superfree foods (yellow pages of book) and not just 'free' foods. Failing that, maybe try a couple of success express days and see if that boosts anything. Also, make sure you're having 7 different B boxes every week - if you're having lots of Hifi or Alpen lights, try a week of having none and choose different Bs. See if that helps.

Hi Stacey, yes I am using all my syns....I need every single one of them...lol. I do have the same thing for breakfast everyday which I use for my A & B boxes. But I do have other things such as brown pasta, brown bread etc but syn these if I have to, as I only have 1 of each of the boxes as I normally do EE plan.
When I first started SW I came to astumbling block after about 6 wks and was told I was probably trying too hard and wasn't using all my syns. My consultant told me to relax a little and try using all my syns and sure enough the next few weeks I had steady 1.5 - 2 lb losses. Now I'm having trouble reducing my syns, it's really frustrating :sigh:

I've heard this too, it's not essential but it really does help to shake things up a bit. Your body does get used to eating the same thing. If things are going okay and you don't need to worry then it's fine but it certainly is something to consider if you have plateaued.

Variety is the spice of life and all that! :)

Hi jaylou

I thought this and so this past week I have cut back on the carbs and introduced more veg. I usually do the EE plan and feel like I've been eating too much rice, pasta and potatoes, so I've made a concious effort to reduce them.
I get weighed tomorrow so I'm hoping I have a significant loss. Anything more than 0.5lb would be great.

As well as variety, maybe you need to up your exercise and burn more - your body gets used to what you do, so you plateau thats why you need to gradually increase exercises.

Don't Quit
When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
When you want to give up just because you gave in,
And forget all about being healthy and thin.
So What! You went over your Syns a bit,
It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
If you summon the will to get back in the race.
But, often the strugglers, when loosing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
That the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
But facing each challenge will help you grow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!

hope ur feeling better

I got weighed today, lost 0.5 again. I know it's good that at least it's still coming off instead of putting on or staying the same, but it's so frustrating when I'm doing everything I'm supposed to and it's coming off so slowly.
I showed my consultant my food diary and she said she can't see anything wrong with it. She's taking it home though to give it a proper study and give me a call if she finds anything wrong. But she seems to think it may be a case of reducing my syns to 10....oh woe is me :cry:

Instead of reducing to 10 a day straight away why don't you try every other day of 10 for the first week just to gradually introduce it? Might not be so hard then.

Good job on the 0.5lb though!

xx

Reactions: Taz
Instead of reducing to 10 a day straight away why don't you try every other day of 10 for the first week just to gradually introduce it? Might not be so hard then.

Good job on the 0.5lb though!

xx

Thanks Stacey :) I think I'll try that.

BTW, can you tell me how I can put my awards up on here like you have?

Why don't you try going back to red and green days? I find EE doesn't really work for me, so I just save EE for the odd day now and then. My weight loss has really slowed down recently, but I do normally eat out once a week, and that isn't helping, I can't get away with it any more now I weigh less. Try varying your meals if you tend to eat the same things all the time. Good luck, I'm sure it will start shifting again soon.

Why don't you try going back to red and green days? I find EE doesn't really work for me, so I just save EE for the odd day now and then. My weight loss has really slowed down recently, but I do normally eat out once a week, and that isn't helping, I can't get away with it any more now I weigh less. Try varying your meals if you tend to eat the same things all the time. Good luck, I'm sure it will start shifting again soon.

I do occasionally slip in the odd red or green day through out the week. But I stick with easy extra on the whole as I do find it the easiest to stick to.
I tried varying my meals this week adding more veg into my diet as before I was eating loads of pasta, rice and potatoes but not many vegetables. I loath salad and can't get it past my lips. That will always be a no no.:cool:

Back