Where can I buy pysillium husks to make porridge?

I keep seeing posts about making porridge, and am desperate to try something different but have no idea what pysillium husks are or where to buy them! Can anyone help?

If not buying from your CDC, make sure they are 100% pure psyllium husks though. No added anything.

I just checked out the site and ordered some from yours RD. They are granules right???
The Holland and Barratt ones capsules and are nearly 12 squid plus p&p.
I will be coming to you for advice on how to use them!
I did notice on the label that you're only supposed to use them for 10 weeks then take a break from them - is this right????
Looking forward to making some porridge!lol
Cheers for the site tip
Tansyx

The 10 week thing is because under normal circumstances you'd be taking them alongside food as a supplement. But on a VLCD, they're the only form of bulk we're consuming. That's why I don't stress about taking a bit more than the recommended 10g either. They're not addictive and gentler than bran fibre so don't worry.

It's a bit like people who eat Allbran every day - you wouldn't say 'only take for 10 weeks at a time' ... PH is only a dietry bulking agent; you cannot digest it so it's ok to take throughout SSing.

When you reintroduce food, you'll be getting plenty of fibre from your new, healthy diet (hopefully!) and won't need PH - or rarely so.
Your PH from Healthspan will be in powder form and there are several ways to take it so if you need any pointers, just give me a shout when they arrive. :)

Thanks - have ordered some from Healthspan and can't wait for them to arrive! Just thinkin aout porridge is making me drool -hope it lives up to my expectations!LOL

Back