Which diet????????????????????

alioreilly

Hi, I have done them all as prob alot of you have.

What I would like to know is which diet you are on and why.

I have previously lost loads of weight with Weightwatchers but lost my mojo!

I am trying Slimming World now but find it hard work. (Don't get me wrong - I am NOT calling Slimming World - this is just my own personal view).

I love the freedom of all the "free foods" but am missing the flexibility of "points"! (especially being able to eat whatever I want)

I just really don't know what to do, I really want to lose weight but don't know how.

:sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

A lot of people here are calorie counting and healthy eating.

I chose this way because I tried lots of diets and found all of them way too restrictive. I know it was all psychological but it was still restrictive for me.

This way I can have exactly WHAT I want the only difference is because I know I can have it I generally dont want it.

I have found that the calorie counting/healthy is best for me. It gives me the freedom to choose food I take a fancy to and then can adjust my intake for the rest of the day. I feel it really works for me as I am never depriving myself.

For example, I am doing the couch potato to 5k program and have finally worked up to the recommended limit for the first week and today did that but then continued my normal walk today. So I have been out exercising for about 2hrs. I have treated myself this morning to wholemeal toast with one slice of black pudding mashed onto the toast with some chopped tomatoes and brown sauce (it was incredibly yummy :p). I now know that I will have to adjust my diet for the rest of the day. So it will be a light chicken noodle soup for lunch and then a tuna salad for dinner.

If I was on some sort of diet program I wouldn't know where to start if I had eaten that.

Rather than just keep hopping from one diet to another it's probably best if you think about the reasons you haven't been successful first. Knowing this will help you decide if it's just a case of tweaking the plan you are on at the moment or in finding a plan that meets your needs. But whatever you decide you need to give them a fair go as a few days isn't long enough to become familiar with any plan. If you're struggling on SW why not speak to people on the board to see if they can offer you some advice. I'm not sure why you think SW isn't flexible enough for what you want to eat but perhaps we can help you work through it.

How does that work!!! Never heard of it before!
You eat an allowance of 500 calories one day (down day) then eat what you like the next day (Up day) saying that you eat until you are full, not over eat.
Because the Johnson UpDayDownDay Diet™ is so effective at slowing the aging process and helping dieters to lose weight, it also can reduce your risk of diseases that are associated with aging and obesity. These include heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, asthma, allergies, arthritis, and diabetes.
The diet also protects against infectious diseases and cancers by creating a healthier immune response. Research shows that calorie-restricted diets can increase the effectiveness of lymphocytes, white blood cells that protect against infection and tumors.
Heres the link Alternate-Day Calorie Restriction and the Johnson UpDayDownDay™ Diet

Last edited:
Hi I am doing Slimming World, I love the group I am in which I think contributes to my remaining motivated, I also like the fact I can eat as much of the free foods as I want, get a generous amount of syns(though do go over sometimes) and the consultant appears to care for us all and is interested in us all, my sister is doing WW online and we share lots, its about whatever you do committing to it as much as possible which can be the hard thing

Calorie counting and exercising is the way forward to me. Its the way I have lost weight in the past and its the way I am going to now. It has no restrictions, if I want to eat something I can. If I want to go and do some walking/running I can. As long as I eat the basic calories for the day all is good and so far it seems to be working well!

I did a phase of Cambridge Diet Sole Source. I found that so difficult and restrictive, it was a nitemare. Effected every aspect of life and made me feel so so tired and drained! I would never do that again.

I've been on CD SS for four weeks and I'm enjoying the diet.
I wanted something very strict and rigid and that I couldn't have alcohol on.
I intend to work my way right up through the plans to maintenance and then probably stick to a low GI diet.

Back