Who is all stilll doing Vintage Points?

Razzle Dazzle

Hi, i just wondered who is all doing Vintage Points? So far i have spoken to Loser85, Nikki and Hules. x

Last edited:
Me :)

Pp just aint working for me because it allows me to binge using the weeklies. Weighed in group on thurs but won't be going back so starting fresh in the morning. Hopefully we can get a couple of us posting on here for support :)

Good luck,
Dan

Hi Dan :) this is only my second week of VP but i have done it loads before and it always works. I have gone back and forth between so many diets but am sticking here this time. It is good to have the support of others, with me having so much to lose i get so fed up. I had a sneaky peak this morning and seem to have had a good loss again this week but will wait till monday and weigh properly. x

I tend to swap all the time but starting in the morning I'm going to give it a good go instead of making excuses.

How much are you looking to lose? I'm on my phone so can't see the stats. I have 5st minimum so don't think you're on your own ill be around here for quite some time lol. Good luck for weigh in day and make sure you let us know how you get on.

Good luck,
Dan x

I love vintage, out totally works for me. I did give pp a good bash but it did my head in a bit, I compared it constantly with the old points and struggled to learn all the the new values. I also didn't lose much at all.

I'd love for this board to get a bit busier, we could do that, posting challenges, check ins etc. I know from experience that I am so much better with support and company when I'm trying to lose weight!

I tend to swap all the time but starting in the morning I'm going to give it a good go instead of making excuses.

How much are you looking to lose? I'm on my phone so can't see the stats. I have 5st minimum so don't think you're on your own ill be around here for quite some time lol. Good luck for weigh in day and make sure you let us know how you get on.

Good luck,
Dan x

Dan, i started at exactly 26 stone :sigh:. This is the heaviest i have been, well i was a few pounds more last time i started trying to lose weight and then gave up and gained back all i had lost other than a couple of pounds. I wish it was easy to lose as it is to gain! I really must start trying to walk more and see if that helps me lose. x

I love vintage, out totally works for me. I did give pp a good bash but it did my head in a bit, I compared it constantly with the old points and struggled to learn all the the new values. I also didn't lose much at all.

I'd love for this board to get a bit busier, we could do that, posting challenges, check ins etc. I know from experience that I am so much better with support and company when I'm trying to lose weight!

Hules, that is why i was asking who else was doing VP to see if there were any challenges etc. It is good to have support and company as it can be very lonely, i did used to go to the group and pretend i was doing PP but was doing VP :p. I used to feel really akward when people would ask me how may points was in something i spoke about! I used to hear so may people gaining LOTS or STS and them saying they had been really good and i never lost atall with PP. Also i was scared to eat fruit incase i ate too much. x

Hules, that is why i was asking who else was doing VP to see if there were any challenges etc. It is good to have support and company as it can be very lonely, i did used to go to the group and pretend i was doing PP but was doing VP :p. I used to feel really akward when people would ask me how may points was in something i spoke about! I used to hear so may people gaining LOTS or STS and them saying they had been really good and i never lost atall with PP. Also i was scared to eat fruit incase i ate too much. x

See, now thats a real difference to when I used to go to ww classes pre pp. It was unusual to gain if you had been on target with points, now it's the norm it seems. Why on earth did they change it? Money I guess, but then some peeps ARE losing, so I guess it still works for some.

I loved fruit too, I'm as likely to binge on a bag of grapes as biscuits. On vintage I know I can have 10 for 1/2 point.

As for challenges etc. I'm up for it. I used to be the mod for another message board site after having my second 9 years ago and it was brilliant, I lost 3st in 6 months and it was so busy too, if you went out for the day you'd come back to loads of unread supportive comments. I loved it. I only stopped going on (and ww) because I went back to work. I recently went back on and it was dead, quieter than here! Shame that! Mind you that's how I came to find minimins, trying too find somewhere similar :)

See, now thats a real difference to when I used to go to ww classes pre pp. It was unusual to gain if you had been on target with points, now it's the norm it seems. Why on earth did they change it? Money I guess, but then some peeps ARE losing, so I guess it still works for some.

I loved fruit too, I'm as likely to binge on a bag of grapes as biscuits. On vintage I know I can have 10 for 1/2 point.

As for challenges etc. I'm up for it. I used to be the mod for another message board site after having my second 9 years ago and it was brilliant, I lost 3st in 6 months and it was so busy too, if you went out for the day you'd come back to loads of unread supportive comments. I loved it. I only stopped going on (and ww) because I went back to work. I recently went back on and it was dead, quieter than here! Shame that! Mind you that's how I came to find minimins, trying too find somewhere similar :)

I googled to find Minimins, i think i searched 'weight loss forum'. I was on a Facebook group before that was VP but it seems to have closed for some unknown reason. I love fruit but prefer strawberries over anything! We spend a fortune on fruit each week, can you believe we have bought 7 boxes of strawberries and 2 raspberries!! My eldest son i call him 'fruit bat'. He hardly eats any sweets but will sit and eat a whole box of raspberries or strawberries!

I love all fruits except pineapple. Yum! I grow loads of berries in my garden too, I wish they'd hurry up and ripen!

Last edited:
Oh and my daughter's the same about berries, I just love how many strawbs you get for your points.

I wish we could grow fruit and veg, i did think about getting a poly tunnel but we are about 20 meters from the sea and have loads of seagulls that would eat them all and it gets so windy sometimes. x

You don't need a tunnel! Strawberries are so easy, you could do them and perhaps net them if the birdies are a prob (I have to do that to my blueberries as the pigeons nab them otherwise). Another thing I love is Alpine strawberries, once you get a few up and running they start to self seed all over and give you little super sweet strawberries from now until late autumn! Oh and blackberries and raspberries are easy too! Ha ha, you got me on to one of my isolated (and random) pods of knowledge! I used to have an allotment :) Now all up my back garden, but I wouldn't be without my own fruit and veg :)

Hi. I've actually jus posted to ask is anyone is doing vp. Pleased I found you x

Ahhh, it's lovely to have you here too, the more the merrier I think! What's your plan? :)

I remember my dad used to grow Alpine strawberries when i was a kid and my sister used to eat them all! May give growing them a bash next year.

Hi, Sjr1969. Glad you have found us. x

Heh, I have to get out there first thing or my daughter will have nabbed them! Nice thing is they keep on going so more will be ready by the next day!

Back