why am i not in the "pink"???please answer

SO MUCH TO LOSE!

Must do it this time
I am doing ss+ and have stuck to it 100% for he last 4 weeks.
My problem is that i checked to see if i was in ketosis,just for the sake of it and it didnt even turn the lightest shade of pink:eek:.it was just its normal colour(pre testing)im so upset by this as ive not cheated and to top it off the scales have barely budged all week.:cry:
Its very demotivating and i feel crap because of it.
could any body out there please give me abit of insight into why this has happened,im getting weighed tomorrow.
all replys much apprecieted,
elaine x:sigh:

what time did you check at elaine? water can dilute the ketones..best time to check is in the morning with your first pee :)

some people dont ever show pink on the sticks. dont worry hun if your sticking to it you will be loosing :)

becky xx

you need to test first thing in the morning... it gives the most accurate reading.

hun my stix say i am not in ketosis too :) but i know i am cus my breath, not hungry and my poo is black (sry lol)

i to have had slow losses very slow infact..

perhaps go back to ss for a week?

First Time I Checked It Was Last Night And It Wasnt Pink So I Remembered To Do It 1st Thing This Morning And It Still Wasnt Pink,all I Have Is Abit Of Chicken With My Shakes And Bars So I Cant Understand It.ive Started To Have A Mousse And A Bar Practically Together This Week But Thats The Only Thing That Ive Done Different.
I Was Out In A Pub Last Week And Asked For A Water And It Was Given To Me With Lemon In It And I Asked For A New One So I Know About The Citric Acid Side Of Things!!!
Thanks Girls Im Just Pi$$@d Off Over This Thats All!!!!

Amethyst - glad you mentioned the black poo - I was begining to get worried about mine!

Im Sorry To Be So Graphic But Since I Added The Bars Mine Is Not Black Its A Greeny Colour Is That Normal Too,please Say Yes!!!!
As For The Bad Breath I Dont Really Know As I Go Through About 5 Packs Of Chewing Gum A Day But I Dont Feel Hungry,my Lot Had Pizza And Chicken Dippers With Garlic Bread Tonight And I Wanted Some But Not Because I Was Hungry But Just Because I Wanted It!!!!
I Resisted!!

Eclipse - thanks for that info - hadn't come across it before. And congrats on maintaining for over 3 years - shows it can be done!

Im Sorry To Be So Graphic But Since I Added The Bars Mine Is Not Black Its A Greeny Colour Is That Normal Too,please Say Yes!!!!
As For The Bad Breath I Dont Really Know As I Go Through About 5 Packs Of Chewing Gum A Day But I Dont Feel Hungry,my Lot Had Pizza And Chicken Dippers With Garlic Bread Tonight And I Wanted Some But Not Because I Was Hungry But Just Because I Wanted It!!!!
I Resisted!!

god i dont know it prob is as when i had 3xbanana shakes for 5days running my poo was yellow:confused: dont worry hun it sounds as if you are doing nothing wrong to me

I Think black poo is cool :) reminds me when i was in school and played with clay :) pmsl

god i hope it doesnt smell like the clay you played with lol!!!!
I have 1 bar per day and ive also just added in a mousse a day to,is that ok or is the bar and mousse too much ive really grown to like the mousses but ill give them up if i have to,not so sure about the bars though,i looooovvvvveeeee the bars!!!!

Elaine,

Could be the chewing gum....especially if you are having 5 packs a day, maybe try listerine strips or goldspot. Chewing gum (certain types) have things in that knock you out of ketosis... I didn't think you could have it, but I know some people do.

Also do you have coke zero or anything like that as that knocks people out too even though it doesn't have citric acid in it...

Just a couple of ideas...

Love

hey poohbear,
ive been told that its ok to have the chewing gum,i have the blue extra so its sugar free and everythin g else free too,i think!!!i have it for the sake of having it as im the type of person who needs to be doing something with her mouth(be nice!lol),so chewing the gum is good for me,i cant stand any of the diet drinks so i stick with the water(5-6ltrs a day),just cant understand it at all!!!

Maybe lay off the chewing gum for a couple of days and see if that makes a difference, I know some people have it, I find it makes me hungry...

I can't think of anything else apart from the bars?

Love

god the thoughts of not having the bars is awful,they really keeep me going.it took me weeks to take them as i read they can slow weight loss and they didnt slow mine down the 1st week i had them,6lb loss.
maybe i`ll take it easy on the gum like you say but ive been having that too since i started and it hasn`t effected me before now,i hope i can sort it out soon,as i stated earlier the scales hasnt budged much and tomorrow is d-day,i hope to lose at least 3lb to bring me to the 2st mark,
wish me luck,the way things are going im gonna need it!!!!
elaine x

Good luck Elaine, you can do this, just try and eliminate different things every few days, if they don't affect you eat them or have them again...

Love

Back