Why is Trying to Lose Weight so Difficult?

Hello Everyone,
I am baffled why weight loss is so difficult for people to achieve. Can i get some reasons why it is so difficult, and how to avoid the difficulty?

Thanks.

Hi Don, I agree with Cave and think we give up on ourselves too easily. I have tried and given up on numerous diets over the years. I joined Slimming World about a year ago and this has been the plan that has worked for me the best. In saying that I have had days/weeks where I have eaten everything in sight and felt guilty after. The things I have learnt over the last year is that just because I eat one meal that might not fit my eating plan does not mean I need to sabotage myself by eating badly for the entire week. I am also trying to learn to let go of the guilt when I do make mistakes. It's not helpful and it will probably mean I eat more! I have also had to learn to stop weighing myself constantly - sometimes several times a day. Whatever plan you are on, it's neither necessary or helpful and it has been the cause of many a depressed day for me when I think I'm up. Finally, I would say that there will be weeks when you have a great loss but likewise there will be weeks where you lose nothing or perhaps even have a gain. The first time I had a gain (of half a lb!), I was devastated..I went home and sobbed!! Looking back it seems ridiculous but no matter what your weight it will fluctuate a little and I think it's very important to be able to deal with a gain in a positive way and don't give up! All the best & sorry for the ramblings!

Thanks for your responses @cavegirl13 and ais1980.
I sure hope to keep that in mind.

But sometimes too no matter what you do, the weight just refuse to go down and what can be done about that too?

Back