Why Slimming World...?

I did WW for four months last year and lost nearly 3 stone. I ate healthily and was rewarded with pretty fast results. I couldn't face the effort of pointing absolutely everything this time around though so have defected to SW. Also I found you do get much more obsessed with food and the points in everything which can get a bit tiresome.

As others have pointed out you can eat well or badly on both plans - it's up to you.

With regards to the food obsession which keeps being mentioned, I'm obsessed with food on SW. I think about it all the time!!!

As for why SW, for me, because it's the only plan I've got to target with. If I'd got to target when I did WW then I guess I'd still be on WW, likewise with RC. All plans are good (except I found RC very strict but it was many years ago).

The plan I've had the best results ever on was Atkins but it was expensive!!!

I often think how good it would be to have a bagel for x points instead of all my syns and more for the day but then I can have other things instead.

All plans are great, it's whatever is great for you.

Weight watchers seemed more difficult for me than slimming world.

It is also possible to buy weight watchers branded cakes / desserts etc. and enter the nutritional info into the syns calculator and work out the syns. ;)

I have done WW previously and found it was too restrictive with everything having a points value! I quit when I quit my job and consequently put on all the weight and then some. I don't know if the plan has changed but as my friend was joining slimming world and it had been in the press a number of times recently, I thought I'd join up!
I love cooking and had been going through a baking period when I joined so the plan and encouraging you to cook from scratch was ideal for me. I'm a stay at home mum atm so I am able to source the ingredients etc from local shops as well as supermarkets, so I have been trying to cook a new meal at least once a week.
I love the fact that you can eat as much fruit and veg as you like and have syns, which I like to save at least 7-8 for the end of the day so I can have some indulgences and not feel like I'm missing out!
I have been inspired to try cooking more free treats such as the crisps and chips to munch on as well as I love watching films with the obligatory snacks!
Apart from having a bit of an emotional blip over the weekend, I think I'm doing really well, hardly ever feeling ravenous or going to bed hungry which happened frequently on WW.
Don't get me wrong, WW is good if you can be that restrictive to yourself, it just didn't work for me. I gained 4-7lbs every 3 weeks over the period of a week when I gave in too pre-menstrual munches.
I feel more relaxed with this plan and if I carry on the way I was, I know I will reach my goals!

With regards to the food obsession which keeps being mentioned, I'm obsessed with food on SW. I think about it all the time!!!

Strangely, I don't find myself obsessed with food on SW. I'm quite relieved about that. I suppose it'd be a boring world if we were all the same.

I like SW because with WW I didnt allocate my points carefully. I worked out that after a small breakfast I could have a fish and chip supper for tea as I had a large amount of points since i had/still have a lot to lose.
Slimming world encourages me to eat as much free and super free food as I want ( which is fantastic as I have a massive appetite and hate feeling restricted) and gives me syns to spent on treats when I need them. Having said all that if I knew the syn value of some of the WW grad and go treat things it might make it easier in the supermarket.
Time to compile a list I believe!

Last edited:
Back