Why some people combing ww and sw?

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
I really don't get it?
Sw works and u CAN eat unlimited free food so why restrict yourself when it works? I have seen sooooooooo many posts not just on this board but others!
Baffles me really just wanna know the reasoning behind it? X

How does that work surely I'd you're pointing foods then you're in WW and if you're eating unlimited then you're on SW

:confused: I don't get it
A work colleague today told me that her friend is combining SW, WW and calorie counting and I was like WTF??!
One plan is enough for me to get my head round thanks lol

chazle said:
:confused: I don't get it
A work colleague today told me that her friend is combining SW, WW and calorie counting and I was like WTF??!
One plan is enough for me to get my head round thanks lol

That sounds like a recipe for disaster how totally confusing must that be. I'm with you one plan is plenty surely mixing them will mean effectively you're following nothing

How strange, I had never heard of this before until I went to my weigh in tonight, and as we were sitting waiting, I overheard a lady saying that she attends both SW and WW! If it works for her then fair enough, but sounds like an awful lot of confusion (not to mention double the fees every week too!)

If you try and combine the two you're either going to end up eating too many calories, points and syns, or restrict yourself so you're not getting the full benefit of both- what a waste of time and effort when you could follow either and enjoy good food!

On the other hand I do find the ww magazine useful for healthy recipes and inspiration and then work out the syns accordinglg (along with the sw stuff too!), so in that respe t i can see how the two plans could be looked at for ideas.

gawd, combining 2 lots of numbers, my poor ole brain!!! Just seeing numbers makes my head want to shut down, my hubby was talking to me the other day about his pension, and he could see the blank look in my eyes!!!

Helen xxx

gawd, combining 2 lots of numbers, my poor ole brain!!! Just seeing numbers makes my head want to shut down, my hubby was talking to me the other day about his pension, and he could see the blank look in my eyes!!!

SNAP!!! lol!

In a word DAFT !!!!! Well for me it would be.

Fancy falling off two wagons on a bad day, must hurt twice as much lol !!!

I did ww for years and now am a sw fan but no way could they be combined. BUT I have to say I'm really glad I did ww first as it really teaches you about portion sizes which I dont think sw does.

SW is much easier to fit into "normal" life though. I found on ww I was constantly thinking of points (used, left etc) which in turn made me constantly think about food!!!!

I used to switch between the two but only from week to week. It's the lure of being able to fit more naughty foods in on the ww plan but sw makes you feel fuller. There's only so much quorn sausage and vegetables a girl can take! I was always starving on the ww diet though.

Can't imagine combining the two on the same day.:confused: Maybe they meant having unlimited fruits and veg whilst following ww. I can sort of see some sense to it but ultimately ww is about calorie intake so I'm not sure it'd work.

I suppose I am probably considered one of these "weirdos"... I officially follow WW ProPoints plan, I point everything I eat, but each day I decide basically if I am having a red day or a green day, either having potato/pasta based meals, or protein based meals.
I had a problem before I started dietting where I was eating too much in the way of cheese and bread - having cheese on pasta dishes, bread alongside each meal to "mop up" sauces, cheese on toast for a snack.. I did SW for about a year which stopped these habits, then thought I was eating too big portions as my losses slowed riiight down, and I couldn't manage with EE when they introduced that, so I moved to WW to get the portion control, then I found I was sneaking in too many cheese toasties again... So I decided to do the SW Red/Green idea with limited dairy and bread, and see how that goes. The values I assign to my foods are WW points though, not syns, and it's working alright so far!

I log everything on myfitnesspal too, to keep an eye on sugar levels and sat.fat. That's just for curiosity though, I'm not too bothered if that site tells me I'm over my limit on something. I'm doing a nutrition course, so I'm interested to see where sugar and stuff hides in products. :)

Suits me!

I think it would be completely possible but not neccesarily desireable to mix WW and SW. After all, WW propoints are just another way of counting/limiting calories, and it is easy to count the calories of what you have on SW, or to plan your day with one eye on how many calories you have.
SW gives me a framework whereby I don't have to bother counting the calories myself.
I think if someone wants to combine the plans and it works for them, good luck to them - it's not wierd at all.

Back