why why why ??????

jojo21

Why do i do it to myself every now and then?
I get fed up with being on a diet and just want naughty things so go off the rails for about 2 weeks.After this i get really down with my weight and feel rubbish.
I know the eating plan inside out(been on it 12 years on and off) so why do i do it? does anyone else get this feeling?

*raises hand*
I do exactly the same, i was on plan all week and had my weigh in this morning but last yesterday totally lost it, eating crisps, chocolate, biscuits, anything i could get my hands on!!

I lost 1lb but then kicked myself because it could have been 2 or maybe 3lb!!

We all do it, i just give myself a break on a Friday or Saturday night but also need to reasses this because im so eager that i end up buying more than i could eat in one night then i see it all sitting there the next day and think oh it won't hurt if i eat that today and then its a vicious circle from there, so i am going to limit myself to what i buy but still have what i want if you know what i mean!!

Xxx

Last edited:
Me too! I've been at target 3 times now then keep going right off the rails. This time on the way to target I gave myself a week off to splurge every now and again, totally planned and planned for the weight gain. It's certainly not the most healthy was but if it keeps me on track not to be putting on stones again then I think it works for me. I'm lucky that I can get straight back on plan after a week off.

I think we've all done it sometimes - I have just come off a 2 week bender and put on 5 and a half pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The upside to this is once its out my system I am then ultra good xxx

I think you've answered your own question- you've been on/off the plan for 12 years and it's become boring! In some ways, SW, like any other diet, is restrictive and in complete contrast to the diet that got us fat in the first place. I know people will say SW isn't restrictive because you can eat unlimited amounts of blah, blah, blah, but sometimes endless jacket spuds isn't what you need- (that's wall to wall Cadbury's with a man size pizza thrown in.) I don't know what the answer is, but when you find it, let me know!

Amen to that! ive been on and off for last week. been my totm as well so that doesn't help. I've wanted chocolate sausage rolls, sausage rolls covered in chocolate, chips, southern fried chicken, white bread the list is endless. But i will say tonights tea was good and as of tomorrow im getting myself sorted. sometimes we just av t go with what our bodies want n as long as u get back on the horse i see no harm done. Here's t getting back on the horse and loosing the 1 1/2 llb I've put on!!!

so glad its not just me then.we all will get ther.thanks for the replies.\makes me feel alot better.

Back